3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker (Read 51 times)

kcam

+1, Kelly.

Regarding those beta-blockers, I was on them for several years.  I went from running sub-3 marathons to 3:40-4:00 hr marathons and never had a clue it was related to the beta blocker I was taking.  Moved and went to a new doctor who, upon learning I was a distance runner, immediately switched me to a ACE inhibitor and I felt exactly like you did, parking brake OFF!  I was able to lose a lot of weight and eventually come off the BP meds.  Good luck and keep up the good work.

Kelly,

October is the month of redemption.  Okay, I just made that up.  But, if it fits, then it's time to rebound.  Looking at your year, it's been amazing.  With October, November and December in front of you, there is plenty of opportunity to finish up the year fantastically.

As a coach I know once said, "you gotta wanna-wanna!"

Go after it...

2016 - Ran 485 miles. In May I had to have surgery to replace the wire that went down to my heart from my pacemaker. Never got back on the wagon. (Went full lurk mode at RA)

2017 - "Ran" 8.3 miles (At 11:15 pace) Increased my weight to about 275, so I had that going for me.

2018 - They took me off my beta blocker meds. I feel like someone took off the parking break. End of February and I am over 160 miles and down 35 pounds.

Goals for 2018 are:

1. Consistently run the whole year

2. 2000+ miles

3. 75% age graded race result somewhere...

4. 175 pounds

Progress:

Miles Total Weight Total Lost Notes
      Start 0 0 273.8 0  
      January 62.5 62.5 252.8 21  
      February 111.7 174.2 235.8 38  
      March 155.7 329.9 219.4 54.4  
      April 205.1 535.0 207.0 66.8 5k Race - 23:20
      May 234.5 769.6 197.0 76.8  5k Race - 24:15 - VERY hilly 
      June 210.9 980.5 194.4 79.4 Foot/ankle issues - Very busy
      July 48.2 1028.7 195.8 78 Foot ankle issues - never really got back on track. Very hot. 
      August 0 1028.7 210.0 63.8 Just never got back on track. Very busy and hot... 
      September 18.8 1047.5 221 52.8 Blah. 

-Kelly

3650 + on November 9th.

Thanks Hurtlocker for being thereSmile

I've been part of this group for quite a few years, but this is the first time that I've actually hit the number as a member of the group.  The last time I was up in this rarified total would be way back in 1986.

Honesty, it really wasn't a goal of mine this year.  I really like the Pace Bunny YTD Distance option, regardless of the final total for the year.  Once a person passes 2000 in the Swamp, they drop off the Pace Bunny YTD (in the 2000 group), so I've always enjoyed having this group to keep me rolling after that marker has been hit.

With another month and 21 days - I'm looking forward to keep on keeping on.

Prince of Fatness

Jeebus that’s impressive. I’ve only run a third of that this year.

Not at it at all. 

Jeebus that’s impressive. I’ve only run a third of that this year.

Was thinking the same thing except I'm only half-way there.  Even if I add in my bike miles for the year, I'm still not close.  Impressive.

Feeling the growl again

That's great....and both of the 2 members above me have run more this year....gah.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

That's great mtrunr!

Glad to see someone in here got there. At current level I need to start counting my plane trips to help.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

That's incredibly inspiring mtrunr.  Keep on running

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka