3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Yada Yada Yada (Read 568 times)

C-R

Well I'm back on the running again. Too many issues and not enough time but suffice it to say I am fat and have no legs. I can't really push it thanks to the hammy issue from last weekend (soccer - yeah I know). So if I hit 30 miles this week I will be excited. How long on average should it take to get back into normal condition (that being ready for training)?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

To get back to where you can resume training like before?  2-3 weeks excluding the weight issue.  I'm fighting that too.  NO BEER until I am below 150 again.  

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Fickin heretic. No Beer. Seriously!

I'm in. I have to drop at least 10.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

You guys make me feel fat at 170, but I don't care. I'm drinking beer.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Ostrich runner

Shit, I already lost 11 and I'm still 190. I weigh myself rarely, but I must have put on about 20 in January. Not even sure how that was possible.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

Shit, I already lost 11 and I'm still 190. I weigh myself rarely, but I must have put on about 20 in January. Not even sure how that was possible.

Welcome to marriage.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Nice to see ya back at it C-R.

I can't seem to drop any excess these days. If I cut back on the calories I have no energy and if I eat what my "maintenance" calories calculate out to be, I feel like a walrus and eat all the time. The last three weeks for me have been hellish

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Feeling the growl again

I can't seem to drop any excess these days. If I cut back on the calories I have no energy and if I eat what my "maintenance" calories calculate out to be, I feel like a walrus and eat all the time. The last three weeks for me have been hellish

I don't count calories but I really restrict myself on easy days...bowl of cereal of breakfast, no sugared drinks at all, just a few hundred calories for lunch, and a smaller portioned dinner; no snacks.  I will eat more on workout days, and add in a mid-afternoon snack to fuel the workout.

I accept that my workouts will be affected but that the long-term benefits outweigh that.

This makes me a cranky fucker though.

Fact is, C-R, you are more than capable of losing any extra weight.  Your log shows you can internally calibrate in terms of "1/4" "1/2."  You can do it in running, you can do it in eating.  Do it. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

How's it coming along?

C-R

Umm. I got my first run in several weeks today. It was after 13 hours of travel and it was slow but it was on Waikiki beach so there's that.

The comeback starts today.

I consider getting up and running after a 13- hour flight to be the first step of the comeback.

But hey, whatever you want to call it.

Feeling the growl again

I consider getting up and running after a 13- hour flight to be the first step of the comeback.

But hey, whatever you want to call it.

When a big dude is chasing you because you oggled his girlfriend's thong, the length of the prior flight becomes insignificant.

Hey C-R, I expect you to do intervals around Diamond Head while you are there.

I don't count calories but I really restrict myself on easy days...bowl of cereal of breakfast, no sugared drinks at all, just a few hundred calories for lunch, and a smaller portioned dinner; no snacks.  I will eat more on workout days, and add in a mid-afternoon snack to fuel the workout.

I accept that my workouts will be affected but that the long-term benefits outweigh that.

This makes me a cranky fucker though.

You eat like a freakin girl, wtf?

You don't do this during high mileage do you?

C-R

When a big dude is chasing you because you oggled his girlfriend's thong, the length of the prior flight becomes insignificant.

Hey C-R, I expect you to do intervals around Diamond Head while you are there.

That was this morning's speed workout. A big Samoan dude took exception to my extra stare at his Wahine. I may be fat and out of shape but nothing like 'ole Kimo.

And Candice, if he ate like me he wouldn't run near as fast. I need to drop a few pounds but first I need to run more.