3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

February Racing Thread (Read 1309 times)

How long ago was Kevin Hanson running 32:30?  Seems like it must be a pretty old record....I recall placing either just in front or just being him in the Volkslauffe 10K sometime around 2001-2002 and it was more like 34-35min.

I think it was sometime in the mid-90s.  This run has been going on since 1994.  He was there again tonight and donated some head lamps as raffle prizes.

Also, my next race is the Ice Cube Half Marathon on February 25.  Goal Sub 1:26:00    (Last month on the same course was 1:31:38, but there was snow/ice and it was very windy, and hopefully I'll just be in better shape)

MTA: This race is in Mt. Pleasant, MI

Thank you for taking the time to read my signature!

Feeling the growl again

I think it was sometime in the mid-90s.  This run has been going on since 1994.  He was there again tonight and donated some head lamps as raffle prizes.

Also, my next race is the Ice Cube Half Marathon on February 25.  Goal Sub 1:26:00    (Last month on the same course was 1:31:38, but there was snow/ice and it was very windy, and hopefully I'll just be in better shape)

MTA: This race is in Mt. Pleasant, MI

Ha, sent you a PM, you're right in my old stomping grounds (and apparently running for my old team).  My spring HM was the one in Flushing which I think is defunct now.  Churchill's near Toledo was a great race too, I ran my PR there.  So many of the races I loved (like Run Thru Hell) are gone already, kind of sad.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I remember your name from a lot of races, now that I know your name.  It appears we have been in a few of the same races before I was involved in Front Line.  I ran with them for a couple of years (2005-2006)  I haven't been involved in it since Fred stepped down.  I did do the Great Lakes Relay with Eric back in 2007.  I don't really see Front Line jerseys around anymore. 

I live in Rochester Hills, so I'm familiar with those areas you mentioned.

I believe the Flushing Half Marathon is still the last weekend of March.  Also, the Run Thru Hell did get cancelled a couple of years ago, but they have brought it back.  The race directors had some health issues, but it sounds like it is back up and running. 

Thank you for taking the time to read my signature!

2/11/12 - Cupid's Chase 5k (Nashville) - goal sub 21:45, which will be a new PR

2/11/12 - Cupid's Chase 5k (Nashville) - goal sub 21:45, which will be a new PR

Good luck on Sunday, Tony!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Looks like we have a bunch of people running 5ks this weekend, and one running a 3k!  

Hoping to post some PRs! 

Feeling the growl again

Looks like we have a bunch of people running 5ks this weekend, and one running a 3k!  

Hoping to post some PRs! 

Bwahaha, I feel like crap just in time to try and make use of December's stupidity.  Had to cut off a workout last night that should not have been that hard.

Either way I am sure I will run hard and, even if my time sucks, it will be worth it if I get to outkick some young punk again like last year.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

You may surprise yourself.  Chin up!

Feeling the growl again

You may surprise yourself.  Chin up!

Well if I learn to run like an ostrich tonight I can go 20% faster....so my 16:30 is sub-13:30.  I better get struttin'.

C-R

Well if I learn to run like an ostrich tonight I can go 20% faster....so my 16:30 is sub-13:30.  I better get struttin'.

No way. Your knee folds in the wrong direction. So run backwards.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

No way. Your knee folds in the wrong direction. So run backwards.

Well as we all learned those aren't knees they are ankles.  So ostriches have huge feet.  You know what they say about the size of a male's feet....

Oh, and I had to step off the tm in only 4 miles today.  Ugh.

Ostrich runner

Well as we all learned those aren't knees they are ankles.  So ostriches have huge feet.  You know what they say about the size of a male's feet....

Oh, and I had to step off the tm in only 4 miles today.  Ugh.

If you want to try something different, I know a couple really good osteopaths. One of them made me feel like I went from one and a half legs to two a few months back. Might be worth a shot. Also, this stuff has been really good at increasing iron in her where other supplements didn't work

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

C-R

Where did you get that? 

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

If you want to try something different, I know a couple really good osteopaths. One of them made me feel like I went from one and a half legs to two a few months back. Might be worth a shot. Also, this stuff has been really good at increasing iron in her where other supplements didn't work

Thanks...however the liquid iron I get from CVS (special order) works well.  The problem is, I am predictably stupid and always wait too long before getting serious about taking it consistently.  I'm on 2X a day now, but it takes a few weeks to kick in.

The silver lining is, once it does, I typically find that I really was gaining conditioning on the down-low most of the time, and I get most of the lost time back.  

Ostrich runner

Where did you get that? 

Any health food store. It has been around a long time. It seems to be quicker - she was taking other supplements with a ferritin in the single digits and went back up to healthy level in a couple weeks. It tastes kind of like herby prune juice. At levels where other supplements might give GI problems or be not absorbable, it seems to be. They have a magnesium supplement too. Wifey has some nutritional certifications in addition to med school and was a body builder and yoga instructor back before the accidents. That said, she goes for some alternative stuff I'd consider pseudoscience. She was skeptical when she was given that stuff, but it worked.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum