3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

100 Push Up Challenge (Read 1574 times)

Ostrich runner

Ow. I did end up self limiting my max at the end of the easy column I did. I still hurt bad. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

W3C3D1, max=31.  Wow, I really feel that max test from yesterday.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

W3D1C3, max=22.  This week will be interesting.  I'm not looking forward to Day 3.

C-R

W3-D2-C3 in the books. Max 50 and my arms are still shaking. Glad there is a rest day here.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Glad there is a rest day here.

+1, I decided yesterday that I will NOT be starting weight training on triceps/pecs while this pushup thing is ongoing.  I will consider the pushup challenge to be my "base-building" period before starting to seriously lift.  It is clear that with three pushup workouts/week, maxing at the end of each one, if I add lifting on top of that I will incur too much fatigue.

Building general endurance in the muscles prior to pushing for max strength is probably the smart way to do it anyways.

MTA:  Still getting 50 at the end of the workout is damn impressive.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

About 3 years past when I did this I got stuck on 90. I think if I play it smarter this time it should get there. Oh and I'm starting the 200 set up (crunches) challenge to fill in on the off days. Yeah I'm a moron.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Went back to W4-C3-D1 today.  Did the minimum, felt harder than the C2-D3 stuff from last week, even  with lesser repeats each set.  Maybe still not recovered enough from the max test (50) Sunday evening, need to space these out a bit farther apart.  4 workouts a week is a bit much.

Kalsarikännit

I suck.  I am about to start my day 3 push-ups.  What a slacker.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

W2-D2-C3 Max= 25

The difference between maxing out at 25 today and maxing out at 25 on Monday was that I was shaking violently...tried going longer than 25 but couldn't push back up on 26 so I don't think it counted Wink Was supposed to be "at least" 17

This is getting harder.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

W2-D2-C1

5,6,4,4  Max10

I think that I might be repeating this week.

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

W2D3C2

Failed to hit the min of 15 on the last rep again. Damn I suck.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

Ok. Now its getting serious. W3-D3-C3 done. Max 40. Bring on the hurt.

Feeling the growl again

Ok. Now its getting serious. W3-D3-C3 done. Max 40. Bring on the hurt.

Meh.  I'm behind, I squeezed in a double yesterday and managed to "remove" the squirrel trying to set up shop in my dryer vent, but other than that it was pretty much birthday festivities all evening.  Priorities scmriorities.  I'll get back on track today.

Oh, and birthday girl specificially asked if you were coming to her party.  Somehow I figured jumping around in a foam pit with a bunch of 5-yr-olds was not very high on your list of desired weekend activities so I got you out of it gracefully.  Wink

W2-D2-C3...Max of 25.   Steady progress so far.

C-R

Heh. Thanks. Its good cross training. Me and another dad got in on the trampoline place. 1 hour of dodgeball flips dunks and jumps wore us out.

Meh.  I'm behind, I squeezed in a double yesterday and managed to "remove" the squirrel trying to set up shop in my dryer vent, but other than that it was pretty much birthday festivities all evening.  Priorities scmriorities.  I'll get back on track today.

Oh, and birthday girl specificially asked if you were coming to her party.  Somehow I figured jumping around in a foam pit with a bunch of 5-yr-olds was not very high on your list of desired weekend activities so I got you out of it gracefully.  Wink