3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

February Racing Thread (Read 1309 times)

DoppleBock

I had to laugh as I have used that combination of words more often then I like

Course was very icy and I'm fat.  

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

an amazing likeness

Throw me on the list for:

Hyannis Half Marathon

Hyannis, MA

Feb 26

Sub 1:41

Set out with updated goal of sub 1:43 and ran a 1:42:09.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Still waiting on Mandy...

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Some great, great performances this month. Still thinking about it.  

First off, I think everyone who raced in February deserves a hat-tip.  We are all rust-busting at this point.  

It was not an easy decision but the spaniel beer for February has to go to rabutler. His PR for the 5k was 29:02.  He set an impressive goal of 27 minutes and destroyed it, turning in an impressive 24:45!

Kudos, ra!  

Feeling the growl again

First off, I think everyone who raced in February deserves a hat-tip.  We are all rust-busting at this point.  

It was not an easy decision but the spaniel beer for February has to go to rabutler. His PR for the 5k was 29:02.  He set an impressive goal of 27 minutes and destroyed it, turning in an impressive 24:45!

Kudos, ra!  

How convenient that I already have beer for ra in my car.

Great choice, that was a hell of an improvement.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Great choice, that was a hell of an improvement.

No joke!

Well deserved by rabutler.

4.5 + minutes off a 5k PR.  Shocked

C-R

+1 for ra. It seems everything here revolves around beer as well it should. All is right in the Hurtlocker.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Thanks everyone. I owe it all to the bunch of idiots that made me run 250 miles in December. Wink

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congrats ra!

steph  

Beer-worthy performance, ra!  Kudos!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Another +1 from me. I predict those 2012 goals in your sig line are all in serious danger, and soon.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Kalsarikännit

Good job, ra.  4.5 mins off a PR is fantastic!

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Congrats RA!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I predict those 2012 goals in your sig line are all in serious danger, and soon.

It would be pretty cool if I can tick those off this Spring and have new goals for the Fall. When I came up with those goals they were based on my November half plus a moderate improvement estimate from an increase in miles and training. I think all those December miles had a pretty big impact. I honestly thought that if I pushed I might be able to hold an 8:30 pace and finish with a 26:30. I was pretty surprised when I glanced at my watch at the beginning of the race and saw my pace. I thought for sure I would blow up.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.