3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

February Racing Thread (Read 1309 times)

Slo

Perfect conditions for the B-rrry Scurry. Mid 30's and a wind at your back finish. I couldn't capitalize though. Fought a side sticth in mile 3. Positive split...went out to fast.

Goal: Sub 27mins

Actual: 27:06 (10sec pr) 42nd overall, 4th div.

Nice meeting you mbehr!

an amazing likeness

Milktruck

Mid-Winter 10 Mile Classic

Cape Elizabeth, ME

2/5/12

goal #1: PR

1:15:10 for a 61 second PR.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Just a dude.

Good job both of you on PRs. Two thumbs up!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

It was a long day yesterday but it was fun.  It was good meeting Slo_H and CEIE at the B-rry Scurry.

Goal: <21:15

Result: 21:21 (5OA, 2AG)

Although I didn't hit my goal time, I'll take it.  It was a 39 sec PR from the last time I ran this race.  Got out right where I wanted to be and worked my way up with the leaders at about 1.5 mi in.  There was a solid group of 5 of us from that point on until about 3.5 miles before we started to string out.  Just couldn't hold on as I felt flat.  Can't deny it, I tried out there yesterday.  Mile splits were: 5:20, 5:25, 5:14 and 5:22.  I'll take at it as a good starter race for this year!  1st place was 21:06.  So a 15 sec gap between 1-5.  6th was about another 20 or so seconds back.  Good competition there yesterday.  Better yet, a good post race party at a local establishment.

Mid-Winter Classic 10 Miler

1:10:17, PR

Shows me I still have a lot of work to do ,but I'm happy with it. I remembered how to race, and I needed that.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

PRs falling all over. Nice job everyone!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Great performances, especially since we're shaking the winter cobwebs off! 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Cupid's Chase 5k

2/10

Glen Rock, NJ

Goal: 19:25 or faster. 

Feeling the growl again

Oh crap. Its time to lace 'em up

500 Series 5k 2/11 Indy  <22:00

Great....all this nice weather, and when it's finally time to toe the line we've got a nasty chilly morning predicted...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

we've got a nasty chilly morning predicted...

It is February in case you forgot. I know it's been tough to tell lately.

Cupid's Chase 5k

2/10

Glen Rock, NJ

Goal: 19:25 or faster. 

Ambitious. I like it.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Feeling the growl again

we've got a nasty chilly morning predicted...

It is February in case you forgot. I know it's been tough to tell lately.

I couldn't tell you the date if my life depended on it right now.  :/

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Ambitious. I like it.

We'll see.

Ran the Bumper Run 6 Mile in 36:51, 4th place overall. This was about 1:30 faster than last year, although the weather was better. Kevin Hanson still has the course record which is around 32:30.  

This race is on the anniversary of when the race director got hit by a car while running at night.

Thank you for taking the time to read my signature!

Feeling the growl again

Ran the Bumper Run 6 Mile in 36:51, 4th place overall. This was about 1:30 faster than last year, although the weather was better. Kevin Hanson still has the course record which is around 32:30.  

This race is on the anniversary of when the race director got hit by a car while running at night.

How long ago was Kevin Hanson running 32:30?  Seems like it must be a pretty old record....I recall placing either just in front or just being him in the Volkslauffe 10K sometime around 2001-2002 and it was more like 34-35min.

Nice job, I don't think the weather was worth 1:30.