50 and over 5k and beyond

July 2015 Runs and Workouts (Read 11 times)

Art in AZ

4 miles this morning. Mostly cloudy and humid. No rain so far.

adkkev - Great pictures. I see that trail will certainly get your heart pumping. Good leg workout on the trail.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

Chantilly75

adkkev I really enjoy your pictures.  Looks like a difficult climb, but very scenic!

Art in AZ Good job getting out in the heat.

I used to use the runkeeper app on my phone, liked to look at the little maps it generated, but the battery life was an issue. I have a garmin footpod for use indoors and out instead of GPS. They also have a device for bicycles that works on the wheel revolutions.

8 miles this morning.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

Chantilly75

10 miles at 5:30 AM.

Sonata Arctica

Art in AZ

9 miles this morning. Little rain last night but not enough to amount to anything. Saw the drops on the car and felt it while running. Had to stop and squeeze out the sweat from my bandana.

Chantilly - Nice couple of runs there. I'm going to use my Garmin Nuvi 200 next bike ride and see how that does. I have to figure out a way to mount it to the handle bars.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

adkkev

I'm going to use my Garmin Nuvi 200 next bike ride and see how that does. I have to figure out a way to mount it to the handle bars.

Isn't that what they make duct tape for??  Smile

justrundan

adkkev-   Wow, now that is a trail!  Only the strong survive. 

chantilly- nice runs.

First day at the resort in N Wisconsin, on one of the many, many lakes in this area.  DW and I went for a run on the 'Rustic Road' that fronts the resort.  She did  about 3, I went back out and did 6.1 total.  First run since DWD on the 11th.  Need to start to build mileage back up and decide what my fall race will be.

Have great weeks everyone!

Dan

adkkev

5.25 on the elliptical today followed by 1 mile cool down on the treadmill.

Chantilly75

justrundan It will be lovely in cottage country at this time of year. Have fun!

adkkev Good workout on the elliptical.  Does it ever bother your knees?

Art in AZ I looked up a picture of the  Nuvi 200, because I didn't know what it was.  Can you use it in the car, also?

11 miles yesterday, 7 miles today.

Sonata Arctica

justrundan

5.1 mi @ 8AM.  sure is nice sleeping in!! 

Dan

adkkev

1.35 miles on the arc trainer in 30 minutes ... sweat was pouring off me by the time I finished.  Followed it up by 8.15 miles spin cycling.

Art in AZ

3 easy miles Monday morning.

5 miles this morning. Felt good stretching the legs after the very long day Monday.

adkkev - I forgot about duct tape. I have a few rolls in the garage. Now I have to find them. It seems like it will be quite a job to remove every time I have to recharge the Nuvi. I see you're mixing up the machines.

Dan - I'm sure the runs up there will be scenic and wonderfully relaxing.

Chantilly - Nice consecutive longs runs there. Weather there must be good. Yes, the Nuvi can be used in the car. That's what it was originally designed for. Back in the days when these devices were the way to get GPS in a car. It worked great at that purpose the few times I actually used it on long trips. I saw a couple of Garmin mounts for bicycles at the bike store but didn't pay attention to them. Have to go back and look at them closer. Good thing about this device I discovered it has a bicycle mode. I'll probably check it out this Sunday. I'm out of bagels.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

justrundan

This morning DW&I biked 15 miles on one of the paved trails here in Vilas County.  They have an amazing network of trails between the towns. This one was fairly flat and easy. This afternoon another 5.1 mi on the county road.  DW & I are having a fun time.

Dan

justrundan

5.3 miles this morning. Enjoying the time to read this vacation!

Dan

adkkev

DW & I are having a fun time.

That's what REALLY matters!!  

Art in AZ

Made Wednesday a rest day.

3 miles this morning after getting a late start. Felt comfortable for the morning.

Dan - I agree with adkkev. Enjoying time with family and having fun is a great way to relax on a vacation.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ