50 and over 5k and beyond

February Runs and Workouts (Read 13 times)

Crazy Diamond

Rich - "iron will" Thanks, buddy!    If no socks work on the treadmill, then no sock sit shall be!  Figuring out what works for us is part of the fun, eh?
    Ray - Ouch, way to tough it out! Hope your sore calve is improving.  Did you have to get up and stretch it out during the lecture?  
    Art - Nice work getting the miles in before work.  Much easier talking yourself into a run before the work day has begun than after a long day.   I have to remind myself I was off from regular running for almost a year, just have to keep my expectations in check!

Sa, 2/27 - 3 miles with hills on the bike path near the stone quarry.  Beautiful, sunny around 50F with some wind.  The path has a tree break along the quarry, so it was sheltered.  Some icy areas remain on the path, so walked those areas to be safe.  Ran with the Garmin today and splits were around 11:30 pace.  I think I'm running too fast at the indoor track, 'cause it felt great today!  

Run strong!

Quo Vadis?

justrundan

Ray- hope the calf heals up quickly.

Art- way to get in the miles whenever you can.

Rich- the warm weather is breaking out all over, NICE. 

Debra- wasn't it great out today!  Way to take it nice and easy.

10.4 yesterday on the Riverwalk.  Saw a bald eagle in a tree along the river looking for lunch.  Wishing for my bigger camera to get a close-up!

This morning I gave a short talk about medication assisted treatment of opiate addiction to a community group in a nearby town.  If I'd been thinking I would have taken my running clothes/shoes, they have a paved trail along the top of the levee between the town and the Wisconsin River.  Instead I ran on the country roads near home, an easy 4.2 mi.  Now a little outside work.  DW and I get to go to a hospital sponsored dinner at one of the nicer restaurants in the Dells tonight.   Mmmm steak! 

Dan

Crazy Diamond

Dan - Nice 10+ miles with an eagle sighting bonus!  Busy weekend for you, too.  Guessing the path along the top of the levee is around Merrimac?  And dinner at Field's???  Occasionally stop for dinner there when we travel to/from the Twin Cities.  Good thing I'm not the one driving, because I'm always drowsy after all that delicious food.  Have you decide to run DCHM this year?  Against my better judgement, I signed up after my 8 miles today.  Decided if I could run 8 now, it would be possible to not embarrass myself too much!     I can always drop to the 5k if things don't work out, but 2 months should get me to the start line.

Su, 2/28 - Ran 8 miles on the newly extended Oak Leaf path.  Very nice, and I think in the last 2 days I've seen every breed of dog out walking with their people!  And a cat on a leash!!!   Close to 60F today, and everyone came out to enjoy it.  Another very windy day, but not difficult to take when warm and sunny!

Run strong friends!

Quo Vadis?

NH Runner

Saturday, 2/27... 5 mile road run today, temp hit 52, perfect for a run.   Still dealing with a little knee pain, but seem to be making progress.   I slowed to a short walk after each mile for the first 4 miles, then multiple walk breaks the last mile to give the knee a break...

Ray... good luck with that calf!   Breathing through the nose is ok for walking, but doubt I'd do well at it while trying to run...lol

Art... meant to congratulate on your 5K time, nice!    I'm running the treadmill with socks only because my knee issue seems to have been brought on by a pair of shoes.    Running with no shoes is good practice for a guy who doesn't always have good landing skills...

Gito... yeah, you're tough cookie, it ain't easy fighting your way back from an injury and not everyone would even bother.   So yeah, Iron Will fits.   Pace is everything in these training runs, isn't it?   Sounds like 11:30's fit pretty well.   Nice 8 miler yesterday, BTW.    A cat on a leash makes sense I guess, a good way to keep it from attacking anyone's dog that got too close...

Dan... Wow!  Free food, a couple of nice runs and a Bald Eagle.   Good stuff!   NH's got a serious drug problem in the state, over 400 Heroin overdoses last year alone in this very small state.  

Chantilly75

Art in AZ Nice run outside for you.

rmcj001 I never understood about the nose breathing thing, 

gito57 Nice run outside for you.

justrundan Scenic outdoor run for you.

NH Runner I understand about the sock running…been there, done that  Hope the knee continues to improve.

Last week, worked 48 hrs. and only ran 16 miles. Yesterday ran 4 miles and then 8 miles today on the track.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica