A-Z Recipes

Plenty of peaches (Read 297 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Bought a 24 lb basket of the most incredible peaches today, $28. I have already frozen a gallon and the kiddos have been eating them all night, and we have barely made a dent! Wohoo! So. Ideas? (You know, besides go buy another basket of them)
      blueberry peach cobbler! ginger peach pie! peach ice cream! mango/peach salsa! poached peaches over sticky coconut rice! peach tea! dehydrate them with some chili powder, brown sugar & ginger! mail sweet peaches to me!
        Here's a Favorite of Mine: Grilled Salmon Spinach Salad with Peach Vinaigrette Dressing Ingredients 2 peaches, peeled and sliced 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice 2 tablespoons honey 1 tablespoon olive oil 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin 1/4 teaspoon salt Preparation Process all ingredients in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Yield Makes 1 cup Salad: 1 tablespoon light brown sugar 2 teaspoons ground cumin 1 teaspoon ground coriander 1 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets 2 (5-ounce) packages baby spinach Preparation Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow bowl. Rub salmon with brown sugar mixture. Place fillets, skin-side down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 12 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove skin and discard. Toss spinach with 1/3 cup Peach Dressing. Arrange spinach on individual serving plates, top with salmon, and drizzle with remaining dressing. Enjoy! Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

running yogi

main course - spicy peach salsa over grilled fish dessert - slice peaches, sprinkle with brown sugar, tiny amount of salt, little melted butter and cinnamon. put under the broiler until juices start to thicken and peaches slightly brown. Serve peaches with icecream or whipped cream or plain, drizzle with juices.

dork.major dork.

I know this is a bit decadent, but it's an idea I got the other day. Instead of Pineapple Upside Down Cake, I want to try to make Peach-Bourbon Upside Down cake... I think it could be tasty...

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So. Ideas? (You know, besides go buy another basket of them)
              Stock up on TP--peaches = poopy! Wink Man, Imogene...that bourbon cake idea sounds AWESOME! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I may try that cake, for sure! I have about 2 gallons frozen now and have been eating them nonstop (guess what that does to you) and am maybe halfway through the basket. I may go buy another tomorrow... Big grin
                  Where the heck did you get that many peaches????
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

At the little local food store that has regional and organic foods.

dork.major dork.

Curse you and your long growing season. Evil grin

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Just made the peach custard. Tomorrow, once it is cool, I will make peach and cream ice custard with candied vanilla peach pieces... Big grin
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Also: tonight I made sour pickles, put up lima beans, cooked some additional limas with heirloom tomatoes, cooked also some asparagus and did that custard thing, all after work. This is perhaps why I missed my run.
                            One of my favorite peach recipes for summer, from Cooking Light Grilled-Sea Bass Tacos with Fresh-Peach Ingredients Peach salsa: 3 cups coarsely chopped peeled peaches (about 6 small peaches) 1 cup diced red onion 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro 2 tablespoons minced shallots 1 teaspoon chopped seeded serrano chile 1 teaspoon honey 1/4 teaspoon salt Grilled sea bass: 1 (1-pound) sea bass fillet (about 2 inches thick) Cooking spray 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon black pepper Tacos: 8 taco shells 2 cups shredded green cabbage or packaged coleslaw mix 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro Preparation Prepare peach salsa: Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl; toss gently. Prepare grill. Place fish on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Prepare tacos: Warm the taco shells according to package directions. Cut the fish into 8 pieces, and place 1 piece of fish in each taco shell. Top each taco with 1/4 cup peach salsa, 1/4 cup shredded cabbage, and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Yield 4 servings (serving size: 2 tacos) Nutritional Information CALORIES 334(27% from fat); FAT 10.2g (sat 1.8g,mono 4g,poly 3.4g); IRON 3.6mg; CHOLESTEROL 78mg; CALCIUM 140mg; CARBOHYDRATE 36.6g; SODIUM 510mg; PROTEIN 25.2g; FIBER 4.4g

running yogi

Just made the peach custard. Tomorrow, once it is cool, I will make peach and cream ice custard with candied vanilla peach pieces... Big grin
                              trent, could you please share your peach custard recipe and your peach ice cream recipe with and candied vanilla peach pieces ? my local u pick farm makes a peach icecream with some crunchy bits in it. What could be those crunchy things and how would I make them. All ideas are appreciated. Thanks.
                              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Peach custard ice cream 3 Eggs 2 c Peaches + 1 large peach 2 tb Flour 1 tb Lemon juice 1 1/2 c Sugar + 2 tbs sugar 1 1/2 c half n half 2 c Milk 1 ts Vanilla Beat eggs in a large bowl Whisk flour, 1 cup of the sugar and milk until smooth, then stir often over medium-high heat until simmering Whisking rapidly, pour hot milk into eggs In a blender, puree peaches will lemon juice and remaining 1/2 cup sugar. Stir into cooked mixture Chill in the fridge until cold or overnight. Finely dice another peach and macerate in the vanilla and the 2 tbs sugar When ready to make ice cream, mix macerated peaches, half n half and ice cream base Make this into ice cream or eat it as peach custard.