Beginners and Beyond

Its only TuesDAILIES (Read 43 times)

Morning Runners!

AMT- Congrats on the PR!

5mi Easy in in my red shorts . Was just reading through the yesterdailies; you all are cracking me up. I have a pair of those 1'' BOA shorts in neon green. They are SHORT. My Wife says she won't talk to me anymore if I wear them out of the house lol. I don't wear them because they don't have a zip pocket for my phone but I may race in them soon .

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 12 on another windy morning.  It's now time to go to work, and that makes me happy.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

And you don't have to worry about a zipper in running shorts. 

Sorry fot being slow (you'll get used to it), but I didn't get the zipper part. I hate to miss out on a joke.

Should be raining at lunch. If it rains too hard, I might wimp out and run my intervals indoors. Guess it will depend on how hard it's raining.

Cyberic

About the clothes discussion from yesterday: I don't care what others do, you just won't see ME doing it. I'm in awe when I see biker outfits, though. Dude, do you really need to look this good for a 10 mile ride? They all look like they're sponsored.

onemile

Onemile - When is your race?

Nov 4th

Baboon

delicate flower

Hello, brothers and sisters of the internet.  Today's weather forecast prompted me to get my tempo run done before work and before the heavy rain and thunderstorms hit (100% chance!).  It was still very warm, humid, and windy, but at least the rain held off.  My workout was 30 minutes easy, then 5 x 5 minutes tempo with 1 minute recoveries.  Avg pace on the tempos was a steady 6:59, which is right in line with my other recent warm tempo runs.  Faster would have been nice, but I'll take it.  Definitely a little fatigue in my legs two after a 20 miler.

I may swim later, or may not.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Finally got back on the trainer... it stills hurts a little.  Weird.

Swimming tonight is going to be so much fun, since I ripped my hand open AGAIN on the same bouldering problem that did it to me a couple of weeks ago.  What's the point of building up calluses if all they do is tear off?!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

So the lead pack at this past weekend's Venice Marathon was inadvertently taken serveral hundred meters off course somewhere around mile 16. The gaffe allowed Eyob Faniel to get the lead and he went on to win. Asked later he said, "Today's race shows that the work is paying off". What? 

DavePNW

^lol

I ran 8.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So the lead pack at this past weekend's Venice Marathon was inadvertently taken serveral hundred meters off course somewhere around mile 16. The gaffe allowed Eyob Faniel to get the lead and he went on to win. Asked later he said, "Today's race shows that the work is paying off". What? 

He meant HIS work was paying off.  Maybe he ran a PB.  Or maybe he paid whoever was directing the course to let them astray?  LOL.

Morning! I have Pilates and 7 miles tonight.

Damaris

Cyberic

Some people live in a world of their own

Baboon

delicate flower

I googled....I wonder if they realized something was wrong when they were on an open highway on ramp?  Big grin

<3

oldfartrunner

Sorry fot being slow (you'll get used to it), but I didn't get the zipper part. I hate to miss out on a joke.

Should be raining at lunch. If it rains too hard, I might wimp out and run my intervals indoors. Guess it will depend on how hard it's raining.

Well, you said you made sure your teeth was clean before going out running. So, you know the two rules of public speaking? #1. Make sure you don't have nothing stuck in your teeth.  #2. Make sure your fly is zipped up.  That's where I was coming from.

I'll fall back on your signature line: I say things. I do things. Does it all have to make sense?

Hope you get your run in!

zzyzx

This is why I like to be behind a few hundred people when I run Wink

Lat, pec fly, and standing calf for lifting. Elliptical. Cross country setting, 31 minutes 3.09 miles. Only 0.01 miles behind where I want to be. I'm not feeling it but I'm forcing myself to work through the ennui.

oldfartrunner

Morning Runners,

Intervals on tap later for me. Last hard workout before the race this weekend!

Jay: Better make sure Mr. Winkie don't pop out in them 1" shorts.  ...Ha! I found it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzEP6DzMOXQ

I can't believe the lead motorcycle lead pros off course!!!!  I'd be pissed if I were them!