Beginners and Beyond

Its only TuesDAILIES (Read 43 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, I woke up sore this morning. I seriously laid in bed for 5-10 minutes debating on just saying fuck it and take today off. But alas, I got up and got dressed and headed to the gym for Shoulders/Traps day.

My glutes are sore, my hamstrings are sore and my quadriceps or a little sore. But the Glute/Hamstring tie in area is really sore.. so I don't think I'm running at all today.

Image may contain: text

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

This is why I like to be behind a few hundred people when I run Wink

Lat, pec fly, and standing calf for lifting. Elliptical. Cross country setting, 31 minutes 3.09 miles. Only 0.01 miles behind where I want to be. I'm not feeling it but I'm forcing myself to work through the ennui.

If the people in the front of the pack make a wrong turn and everyone follows, that will not help you!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

oldfartrunner

I just read the article, 2:10ers got beat by a 2:12er.  It seems the motorcycle was to blame, but probably no recourse because; we are all supposed to know the course.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/10/23/559492173/italian-runner-wins-venice-marathon-after-all-the-favorites-take-a-wrong-turn

Bert-o

I lost my rama

"Delayed by about 2 minutes, according to The Associated Press, the favorites ultimately lost out to Eyob Ghebrehiwet Faniel, a local who was reportedly running in only his second marathon....

Now, he is the first Italian man to win the Venice Marathon in 22 years."

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but..... ok, just call me a conspiracy theorist.

6 in line for me this evening.... I already had my Lieutenant Dan come-to-Jesus lightning and thunder run this year... I really don't want another one.....

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

oldfartrunner

"Delayed by about 2 minutes, according to The Associated Press, the favorites ultimately lost out to Eyob Ghebrehiwet Faniel, a local who was reportedly running in only his second marathon....

Now, he is the first Italian man to win the Venice Marathon in 22 years."

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but..... ok, just call me a conspiracy theorist.

6 in line for me this evening.... I already had my Lieutenant Dan come-to-Jesus lightning and thunder run this year... I really don't want another one.....

Hey Berto! Everybody wants an Italian on their team anymore-except native American's.   ...Good call on the lightning. You're probably not ready to find out what's behind door #2 just yet.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Hey Berto! Everybody wants an Italian on their team anymore-except native American's.  

Jury is still out on tonight.  I'll send you my GPS coordinates.  If I don't report back by tomorrow, then please... send the hounds!

3/17 - NYC Half

Bert, OMG, the Lt. Dan thing, I'm chocking on coffee!  "But you ain't got no legs, Lieutenant Dan..."  Dying.  Also, now I can't get "Buttocks" out of my head.  Over and over, "In the but-tocks."  And then I mentally segue into Tropic Thunder dialogue, and it seems that I may not get a lot of work done today.  Worth it.

So OFR and Cyberic, I ended up with all kinds of shit in my teeth from this morning's run, although not bugs (I don't think).  Mostly bits of trees, leaves, and twigs.  It was 88 at 5:20 this morning, 90 by the time I got home, and windy AF.  All sorts of crap got stuck in my hair.  That was one of those runs that does nothing other than build mental toughness.  7 "easy" miles, although with that heat, nothing feels very easy.  Crossing my fingers that the cooler temps that are promised for tomorrow materialize, because I'm not really wanting to do speed day in this suffer fest.

JayB, I got some short shorts last month for racing, and I LOVE THEM.  1.75 inseam, which is about the shortest I've found in women's shorts.  They are black though.  Because I'm never buying yellow again.  But seriously, I sweat like a horse, so less fabric means less weight when everything gets soaking wet.  Also, less of that drip, drop, drip, drop down the backs of my legs.  You do have to be careful with the shirt though, if it's too long it looks like you aren't wearing shorts   This may be a problem with my recent set of race photos...

Cyberic

14 x (1min / 1min)

Beat the rain, but not the wind. In the last one I was heading straight into the wind while a stupid gust was giving me hell.

Teeth are good, though. I think   They better be, I'm holding a meeting in a few minutes. I'll stop by the washroom to check'em out,

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Bert, OMG, the Lt. Dan thing, I'm chocking on coffee!  "But you ain't got no legs, Lieutenant Dan..."  Dying.  Also, now I can't get "Buttocks" out of my head.  Over and over, "In the but-tocks."  And then I mentally segue into Tropic Thunder dialogue, and it seems that I may not get a lot of work done today.  Worth it.

3/17 - NYC Half

Cyberic

You do have to be careful with the shirt though, if it's too long it looks like you aren't wearing shorts   This may be a problem with my recent set of race photos...

I thought that was everyone's intention with them short shorts. Lift your shirt and TA-DA!!! See, I'm wearing RED shorts! 1" inseem!!!

DavePNW

Bad news: my 5k this weekend is already sold out of shirts. All this talk about gear - free race shirts are all I ever use for training & racing, so need to keep a steady stream of those coming. Even though I have inexplicably yet to throw out any old ones.

Good news: AG winners get a pie. If that's not an incentive to run fast, I dunno what is. Consolation prize is a free beer for everyone; race is at the Red Hook Brewery.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Bad news: my 5k this weekend is already sold out of shirts. All this talk about gear - free race shirts are all I ever use for training & racing, so need to keep a steady stream of those coming. Even though I have inexplicably yet to throw out any old ones.

Good news: AG winners get a pie. If that's not an incentive to run fast, I dunno what is. Consolation prize is a free beer for everyone; race is at the Red Hook Brewery.

FYI, because it's what I do, I see your AG winner ran a 19:50 last year.  The second place nutsack ran a 20:49.  Kick both of their asses.

<3

The second place nutsack ran a 20:49.  Kick both of their asses.

LMAO over here.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

DavePNW

FYI, because it's what I do, I see your AG winner ran a 19:50 last year.  The second place nutsack ran a 20:49.  Kick both of their asses.

<---- 2nd place nutsack

I can hopefully beat that guy, but I need Mr. 19:50 to just stay home. I remember him; if I see him at the start, I will be sure to trip him. He probably will need to go down hard enough so he can't get up. I will watch some old videos of Ndamukong Suh for pointers.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

<---- 2nd place nutsack

I can hopefully beat that guy, but I need Mr. 19:50 to just stay home. I remember him; if I see him at the start, I will be sure to trip him. He probably will need to go down hard enough so he can't get up. I will watch some old videos of Ndamukong Suh for pointers.

It looks like the 8K would be ripe for picking for your AG.

<3