Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies off from everything! (Read 35 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Checked in for my flight online. In case anyone's keeping track.

Phew.  I still cringe when my coworkers start printing boarding passes and shit like they are still in the last century...

Damaris

sdWhiskers

I ran 5 on the TM. b/c we've still been having this snow/rain nonsense. Which translates to slushy and/or icy roads. Lame, I'm supposed to run a 15k tomorrow morning, but if it's icy, FTS.

It's almost May?!?!

DavePNW

It's almost May?!?!

There's San Diego talking. Most of where I've lived in the past had the rule of thumb that you should never plant annual flowers before Memorial Day, because there was still a risk of freeze.

Dave

DavePNW

Btw, I asked a friend of mine who will run his 11th Boston and he says there is coffee and hot chocolate in the athlete's village

Ha thanks...I did get this confirmed elsewhere, and it's Dunkin Donuts coffee of course.

Dave

onemile

There's San Diego talking. Most of where I've lived in the past had the rule of thumb that you should never plant annual flowers before Memorial Day, because there was still a risk of freeze.

Snowed here on Wednesday! Just a couple inches of slush mess(and it has since melted ) but my mom who is further north got ~8 inches of snow)

onemile

Checked in for my flight online. In case anyone's keeping track.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I cannot comprehend snow, least of all in may!!

Damaris

sdWhiskers

I'm at the point where if I wear a long sleeve in the morning (in the dark), I'm too warm. So shorts and tank.

Rainy season also seems to be over. So the next drop will probably come in November.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Jealous of that weather. We went up to 87Freal temps, 91F heat index. And 70 dewpoints today.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

I am back home after bib pickup/expo shopping.  That expo center is a behemoth.  It was crowded but tolerable.  Tons of people wearing The Jacket.  I hear the weekend is insane. The biggest crowds were for official merchandise and I waited 30 minutes in line to check out.  I bought a medium jacket months ago online and it's a little big, so I was happy when I tried on a small at the expo and it was too tight.  The rest of the expo was just like any other race expo except that every vendor was there.  I bought a race hoodie, singlet, and visor, and the only thing I bought from a vendor was a finisher plaque.  My favorite thing is the Boston Marathon 26.2 sticker than comes with your packet.  I can't wait to stick that on my car.  The worst part of my day was getting home.  The Massachusetts Turnpike during rush hour can go to hell.  It took me 2.5 hours getting there and 4 hours getting home.

Of course work called me and left an "urgent" voicemail which I listened to but did not reply.  It's the first day I have taken off this year and they couldn't fucking leave me alone for one day.  My staff can call me anytime and I am happy to help them, but the project team can go fuck themselves.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am back home after bib pickup/expo shopping.  That expo center is a behemoth.  It was crowded but tolerable.  Tons of people wearing The Jacket.  I hear the weekend is insane. The biggest crowds were for official merchandise and I waited 30 minutes in line to check out.  I bought a medium jacket months ago online and it's a little big, so I was happy when I tried on a small at the expo and it was too tight.  The rest of the expo was just like any other race expo except that every vendor was there.  I bought a race hoodie, singlet, and visor, and the only thing I bought from a vendor was a finisher plaque.  My favorite thing is the Boston Marathon 26.2 sticker than comes with your packet.  I can't wait to stick that on my car.  The worst part of my day was getting home.  The Massachusetts Turnpike during rush hour can go to hell.  It took me 2.5 hours getting there and 4 hours getting home.

Of course work called me and left an "urgent" voicemail which I listened to but did not reply.  It's the first day I have taken off this year and they couldn't fucking leave me alone for one day.  My staff can call me anytime and I am happy to help them, but the project team can go fuck themselves.

Yeah, and if you do it once, they will continue doing it every time you take time off.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 miles in a warm light rain.

RunningOnSand

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Damn right you are.

I don’t hit the expo till Sunday, so I’m sure it’ll be all picked over & nothing left to buy. Ha ha. Anyway I never buy anything at expos, I doubt that’ll change in Boston. I am spending enough fucking money on this thing.

5 miles in a drizzle. Hamstring pain is back. Yesterday, groin/adductor pain was back. I’m just going to assume it’s some kind of tapery thing. Tomorrow’s prediction: knee pain

Just get the jacket. What’s another $110? 😆

DavePNW

Just get the jacket. What’s another $110? 😆

Oh I already bought that online, the day it went on sale.

Dave