Beginners and Beyond

Topless SunDAILIES (Read 44 times)

LRB

Hmm, yeah... we have a Jingle Bell Jog here but it's December 5 (what?).  I guess NYE is the closest you can get...

I could race on my birthday (when it falls on a weekend) but I never have. It's actually not something I have ever given much thought to...

probably because I do not want to be depressed after a sub-par performance on what is supposed to be a happy occasion. lol

bluerun

Super B****

I could race on my birthday (when it falls on a weekend) but I never have. It's actually not something I have ever given much thought to...

probably because I do not want to be depressed after a sub-par performance on what is supposed to be a happy occasion. lol

Oh, well.  I actually don't like birthdays.  I think they're depressing in general, so this wouldn't be a deciding factor for me. 

But you!  ATTITUDE!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I think they're depressing in general, so this wouldn't be a deciding factor for me. 

Yeah I was indifferent for a long time then I got to a point in my life where I was like you know what? Fuck this shit. I work my ass off and never do anything for myself. For one day a year I am going to celebrate my birthday bitches, I'm gonna do what *I* want to do and if someone doesn't like too fucking bad.

I was 33 or 34 when I had that epiphany, and it's been a party every year no matter what day of the week it falls on ever since!

This year I "celebrated" it for a month. Gaining 4 pounds in the process. lol

DavePNW

celebrate my birthday 

Meh. I've never been a big birthday guy.

Dave

LRB

If you take care of yourself the rest of the year then you do not need to be. I never did. I was always doing for others and never doing shit for myself...until that epiphany. Then it was on like hot buttered popcorn!

LRB

As yet I remain undecided on dinner, but I want whatever it is to have 1 million calories in it. 

Crispelli's white pie scores again!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Love the jazz hands.

Lol, +1000

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Hmm, yeah... we have a Jingle Bell Jog here but it's December 5 (what?).  I guess NYE is the closest you can get...

Last year there was the no frills General Tso's Spicy 8k and Mild 3k on Christmas day. I'm going to guess this is poking fun at the Jewish tradition my co-worker told me about of Chinese food & a movie Christmas day. 

There was a Military Bowl 5k on December 27, I think it was close to $50. Not happening, ever, at that price.

This year is a new AG b-day, so guess I'll be finding a New year's Day race, since before doesn't make a difference.

Cyberic

Let me guess: the Valentine's day type, right?

DavePNW

Let me guess: the Valentine's day type, right?

Erm...

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

If you take care of yourself the rest of the year then you do not need to be. I never did. I was always doing for others and never doing shit for myself...until that epiphany. Then it was on like hot buttered popcorn!

Here's another epiphany: you can actually do that on other days of the year!

Last year there was the no frills General Tso's Spicy 8k and Mild 3k on Christmas day. I'm going to guess this is poking fun at the Jewish tradition my co-worker told me about of Chinese food & a movie Christmas day. 

There was a Military Bowl 5k on December 27, I think it was close to $50. Not happening, ever, at that price.

This year is a new AG b-day, so guess I'll be finding a New year's Day race, since before doesn't make a difference.

I'm Jewish, and I've never done that on Christmas.    (I actually have to go to work.  THE NERVE.)  No, I wouldn't pay that much for a race that was "close"... maybe day of.  Maybe.

chasing the impossible

LRB

They are getting up there that's for sure, but $50 for a 5k? Geez.

There is a New Years Eve run here that is really popular (two actually). I did one of them once.

LRB

Here's another epiphany: you can actually do that on other days of the year!

lol

But then I wouldn't be me. I'd be some other dude walking around wearing my stupid face.

Half Crazy K 2.0

They are getting up there that's for sure, but $50 for a 5k? Geez.

There is a New Years Eve run here that is really popular (two actually). I did one of them once.

The 2 5ks I know of around here that approach the $50 mark both have ties to football. The Ravens 5k is the Wednesday after Labor Day. You finish on the field, apparently they have some retired players and cheerleaders. I guess if you are a big fan, you are willing to pay? I'm not. Or I guess you can do that one if you want to support the Ravens new causes of helping victims of domestic violence (which was not a cause of there's until the whole Ray Rice fiasco). I think other NFL cities have these too.

And the Military Bowl is not even a New Year's Day bowl--congrats, you get to go to a bowl game in Maryland in December. Sucks to be you.

bluerun

Super B****

lol

But then I wouldn't be me. I'd be some other dude walking around wearing my stupid face.

They do say everyone has a doppelgänger!   (My brother and sister-in-law found mine once.  She was their waitress.)

chasing the impossible