Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Run/Stop/Run/Stop (Read 43 times)

LRB

I ran 7.

It was one of those runs where I got stopped at every major intersection, plus a half dozen more! Frustrating in that I was never able to get into a rhythm with my thoughts. Not that that matters, but it sorta kinda does....

Whatever.

Anyway, I have an 8 miler tomorrow. It will be the last one of this cycle. Shit's getting real. 👍

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sounds like how my runs used to be in Miami.  Now it looks like it's almost a mile between intersections here.

I have an RD.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

I ran 5.8 with 4x1000m @MP, 200m recovery. Or, I should say, GMP, since I have no idea what MP is. Nor do I know what GMP is. Daniels, oddly enough, is a lot more reasonable than McMillan when it comes to shorter distances, but for the marathon he predicts I can run 3:07. Um.

Also, a friend asked me if I could pace him in our Turkey Trot. I don't want to be obnoxious and say no, but I do want a 5 mile PR since mine is from 2017, so I need to find another 5 mile race for that...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Baboon

delicate flower

Oh, hello.  I skipped my swim and slept.  I need to stop doing that.  But that extra sleep felt sooooo nice.  Anyway, I've got a bike workout later.  My body is starting to feel like it is knee deep in marathon training.  I ran a double yesterday, and have a double tomorrow.

I am now flu shot compliant at work.

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning...Had a nice run last night doing a course preview for a race I'll never run. I got there early and did a couple miles, and then did the 10k course at something of a moderate pace. The watch was nice and gave me another VO2 max point, so I was pleased with that.

I was hoping to get up and run today, but there was a storm that was significant enough to knock power out in our entire area, so I skipped it.  I'm now in the fun position of hoping to get home before midnight so that I can keep my streak alive. My boss has a suite and a party bus to go up and watch Carrie Underwood tonight, so the g/f and I have been roped into that. I'd actually be fine bailing just to get a run in, but I don't think she'd be too accepting of the idea.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I slept in this morning, was thinking about taking an RD but I may go for a lunch run and aim for 5 miles. I'll just head out the front door of our shop, which I rarely do because of the neighborhood around it and the intersections I'll have to deal with but I've always wanted to run on the new sidewalks along Oakhill Road, very nice and hilly road once you get past Morgan Ave here.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Good morning...Had a nice run last night doing a course preview for a race I'll never run. I got there early and did a couple miles, and then did the 10k course at something of a moderate pace. The watch was nice and gave me another VO2 max point, so I was pleased with that.

My watch gave me a performance condition of -6 this morning. 

If I were a betting man, my money would be on the streak ending unless you can get it in before the festivities begin. Good luck!

LRB

Oh, hello.  I skipped my swim and slept.  I need to stop doing that.  But that extra sleep felt sooooo nice.  Anyway, I've got a bike workout later.  My body is starting to feel like it is knee deep in marathon training.  I ran a double yesterday, and have a double tomorrow.

I am now flu shot compliant at work.

They give those at my job. Like, in the building!

LRB

I ran 5.8 with 4x1000m @MP, 200m recovery. Or, I should say, GMP, since I have no idea what MP is. Nor do I know what GMP is. Daniels, oddly enough, is a lot more reasonable than McMillan when it comes to shorter distances, but for the marathon he predicts I can run 3:07. Um.

Also, a friend asked me if I could pace him in our Turkey Trot. I don't want to be obnoxious and say no, but I do want a 5 mile PR since mine is from 2017, so I need to find another 5 mile race for that...

Tell him you've got unfinished business and need to get that done. Or do you owe him a blood favor?

Half Crazy K 2.0

They give those at my job. Like, in the building!

They come to every location here. It's required, so nice that they make it easy.

KCRuns

Good morning!

Blue, can't you just say it's a goal race for you so you can't pace him?

Onemile, I got the Oiselle coupon yesterday, too.  I going to go see if they have those running leggings you recommended back in stock in my size.  Were they the Flyout Tights?

bluerun

Super B****

Tell him you've got unfinished business and need to get that done. Or do you owe him a blood favor?

No, I just like being nice if I can.

chasing the impossible

onemile

Onemile, I got the Oiselle coupon yesterday, too.  I going to go see if they have those running leggings you recommended back in stock in my size.

those are from Athleta

but get a Wazzie Wool

bluerun

Super B****

Blue, can't you just say it's a goal race for you so you can't pace him?

Well, I told him if he finds me another 5 miler to PR, then I can, and he said the odds of that happening are about as low as him running a PR because 5 milers are rare. They're not that rare, but if he goes into it thinking he won't reach his goal anyway then why drag me into it?? I guess I don't have to worry about this yet, it's over a month away...

chasing the impossible

KCRuns

those are from Athleta

but get a Wazzie Wool

Ah, okay.  I did get the Wazzie Wool last year based on your rec.  I bought two at the end of the season last year to wear this winter.