Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Run/Stop/Run/Stop (Read 43 times)

LRB

I'm just going to stop thinking about it for a few weeks... he might change his mind and then I won't have to feel like a bitch if I decide to run my own race! (I know, it doesn't actually make me a bitch. I'm just super sensitive about being perceived as selfish. Because I have issues.)

There are not enough grains of sand in an hourglass for me to get through mine.

DavePNW

Dave, this is random, but is it the Birch Bender Paleo sweet potato pancake mix your wife uses and loves?

No, what we use is called Bruce's.

Dave

RunningOnSand

There are not enough grains of sand in an hourglass for me to get through mine.

LOL, isn't this the truth! (for me!)

No, what we use is called Bruce's.

Perfect, thanks!

LRB

BTW, speaking of Ghosts (not for you, LRB!), the 11s are on sale at Jack Rabbit for about $85 if anyone needs them. You have to put them in your cart to get the sale price.

Omg, why do you people keep alienating me??

How about posting a link to something that I can actually use every once in a while. Like I don't know, air. lol

DavePNW

Perfect, thanks!

It's the easiest thing in the world - you just add water. One tip - directions indicate to let it sit for 5 min after adding the water, to allow the mix to absorb it. If you are not necessarily one to follow directions (not judging!), follow this one.

Dave

DavePNW

BTW, speaking of Ghosts (not for you, LRB!), the 11s are on sale at Jack Rabbit for about $85 if anyone needs them. You have to put them in your cart to get the sale price.

Looking forward to the annual fall sale at the Brooks Outlet store here, so I can pick them up for $50. 

Dave

KCRuns

Those Athleta tights you recommended ARE MY FAVORITE. I think I have 3 pair now.

And so is the Wazzie Wool. 

Is this what you got?

Altitude Tight in Polartec® Power Stretch®

I thought there were side pockets?

Cyberic

Cyber, it seems like so far you are liking it well enough? Does it give you any feedback, as it is learning you?

Not much yet. Only been running with it for a week now. It takes a couple of weeks to "know" you. I have no idea what kind of feedback it's going to give me.

AI is nice, but can be pretty stupid, like some of the feedback given by Garmin. Not sure what is better: just raw numbers and draw your own conclusions? Or overly simplify reality and boil it down to a word.

Baboon

delicate flower

This one however I've found works the best; allows you to plug in a few extra variables. Gives me a 3:20:55, incidentally.

I really need to find another race to race.  My 10K from 7 weeks ago is useless because I was just getting back from an injury, and my HM from three weeks ago was just a lousy race.  For all I know, the 3:23 marathon I just ran is the best I can do.

<3

RunningOnSand

Omg, why do you people keep alienating me??

How about posting a link to something that I can actually use every once in a while. Like I don't know, air. lol

LOL Big grin

Sorry, LRB!

RunningOnSand

It's the easiest thing in the world - you just add water. One tip - directions indicate to let it sit for 5 min after adding the water, to allow the mix to absorb it. If you are not necessarily one to follow directions (not judging!), follow this one.

Haha, I'm halvesies, but I'll definitely follow this one. Thanks! Ordered.

RunningOnSand

Looking forward to the annual fall sale at the Brooks Outlet store here, so I can pick them up for $50. 

I wonder if they do this online, too. When you realize their sale is happening, tell us! Big grin 

RunningOnSand

Is this what you got?

Altitude Tight in Polartec® Power Stretch®

I thought there were side pockets?

I looked mine up and mine were called Polartec Power Stretch Tights. I tried clicking on mine and they said they are sold out of them. I wonder if they'll bring them back? I seem to remember them selling out and restocking a bunch of items last winter.

RunningOnSand

Not much yet. Only been running with it for a week now. It takes a couple of weeks to "know" you. I have no idea what kind of feedback it's going to give me.

AI is nice, but can be pretty stupid, like some of the feedback given by Garmin. Not sure what is better: just raw numbers and draw your own conclusions? Or overly simplify reality and boil it down to a word.

Sounds good.

Agreed!

LRB

Sounds good.

Agreed!

It gives us something to laugh at.