Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #47 (Read 29 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Sitting here and waiting for enough time to pass so that I can head to the start of a race I don't really feel like running... ah well.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

Well for the first time since I started running, I'm sitting out a run, just because I don't feel like running. Yesterday I had the "RD" excuse, but today, I am convincing myself that I'm done competing. It might not be true, as I am registered for a fall marathon, and I might train for it, but a spring marathon is out of the question right now. We'll see about the fall.

I love run commuting, so that will keep me running but I will not try to force winter training. I will do what I feel like doing, with no racing pressure. I felt like picking it up lately, but snow, ice, a square track, a f**ing treadmill!!! Just frustration after frustration.

I need to get that smile back on my face when I'm running.

Unplanned rest day, slept in till 6:50, right leg needs the rest anyway , did have just enough time for bottom kicking and stretching... at work 😐 work tomorrow 😐

onemile

Well for the first time since I started running, I'm sitting out a run, just because I don't feel like running. Yesterday I had the "RD" excuse, but today, I am convincing myself that I'm done competing. It might not be true, as I am registered for a fall marathon, and I might train for it, but a spring marathon is out of the question right now. We'll see about the fall.

I love run commuting, so that will keep me running but I will not try to force winter training. I will do what I feel like doing, with no racing pressure. I felt like picking it up lately, but snow, ice, a square track, a f**ing treadmill!!! Just frustration after frustration.

I need to get that smile back on my face when I'm running.

winter can beat the motivation out of anyone and yours has been a lot worse than mine this year

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What onemile said, Cy. And also, maybe you just need a mental break, a bit of time.

Saw Michael Wardian posted the picture of him running with the boys and your friend had the shorts on. Another runner was covered from head to toe including his face, lol.

I have 18.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am sure someone already linked this but from the FB Stryd group, this is a file on how to calculate a CP for treadmill runs.

A key consideration when using the Stryd Wind footpod is that a Critical Power (CP) set using outdoor runs will include an Air Power component; when running indoors this component will be close to zero as there’s no air resistance or headwind to overcome when running indoors. If the outdoor CP is used for indoor training targets, the targets will likely be too high leading to a workout intensity that will be harder than intended.

There is a document that tells you how to calculate it but they say it's solely for the FB group so I deleted it from here. You can join the Stryd Community FB group and find it there.

Damaris

Cyberic

What onemile said, Cy. And also, maybe you just need a mental break, a bit of time.

Saw Michael Wardian posted the picture of him running with the boys and your friend had the shorts on. Another runner was covered from head to toe including his face, lol.

I have 18.

Yep, that's Pierre with his shorts and Boston marathon attire. He has run it 11 times, with 10 consecutive times. After his first year, his wife asked him "Hope you're not doing that every year". He said "No", skipped a year, and then went 10 straight.

He's definitely quite the character.

RunningOnSand

I am sure someone already linked this but from the FB Stryd group, this is a file on how to calculate a CP for treadmill runs.

A key consideration when using the Stryd Wind footpod is that a Critical Power (CP) set using outdoor runs will include an Air Power component; when running indoors this component will be close to zero as there’s no air resistance or headwind to overcome when running indoors. If the outdoor CP is used for indoor training targets, the targets will likely be too high leading to a workout intensity that will be harder than intended.

There is a document that tells you how to calculate it but they say it's solely for the FB group so I deleted it from here. You can join the Stryd Community FB group and find it there.

Joined. Found it. Thanks! This is super helpful.

RunningOnSand

It looks like this only applies to the Stryd wind pod.

DavePNW

Yep. This has maybe been the downside to you never getting injured. Nothing makes you appreciate running, including hard training, more than not being able to run at all.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Yep. This has maybe been the downside to you never getting injured. Nothing makes you appreciate running, including hard training, more than not being able to run at all.

This

chasing the impossible

onemile

It looks like this only applies to the Stryd wind pod.

I think we all have the "wind pod" don't we? That is the newest one

bluerun

Super B****

I wanted to run under 1:10, settled on a goal of 1:09 because the past couple of years, that would have been good enough for the top ten females. I finished seventeenth, seventh AG. I ran 1:07:49. 😑

But it’s a PR, so no complaints! By TWO WHOLE SECONDS.

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

I wanted to run under 1:10, settled on a goal of 1:09 because the past couple of years, that would have been good enough for the top ten females. I finished seventeenth, seventh AG. I ran 1:07:49. 😑

But it’s a PR, so no complaints! By TWO WHOLE SECONDS.

Congrats!

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

YES