Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #47 (Read 29 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think my average pace was slower last cycle but I ran my marathon faster which is what matters to me

I ran a lot of runs around 9 minute miles. I figure if it's okay for my coach who runs a 5:30 pace marathon it's okay for me

That's what I told myself when I saw today's pace (12:01mm). After all, I was running 12-12:30mm easy runs when I PRd on my marathon at 10:21mm. Unfortunately, I didn't do today's pace on purpose, lol.

Damaris

DavePNW

I think my average pace was slower last cycle but I ran my marathon faster which is what matters to me

I ran a lot of runs around 9 minute miles. I figure if it's okay for my coach who runs a 5:30 pace marathon it's okay for me

Yeah I think someone would look at my easy pace and tell me it’s too fast. But I never look at my watch, the effort is easy, so I don’t worry about it too much. It may slow down once I build volume & intensity. For some reason my easy pace took a quantum leap last year vs where it had been before. Who can figure.

Dave

onemile

That's what I told myself when I saw today's pace (12:01mm). After all, I was running 12-12:30mm easy runs when I PRd on my marathon at 10:21mm. Unfortunately, I didn't do today's pace on purpose, lol.

Oh, I don't intentionally run at a slow pace. It's just what it ends up being. I usually don't even look at my watch and just go by easy effort and slow is what my legs need to recover and be ready for the next hard effort

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, I don't intentionally run at a slow pace. It's just what it ends up being. I usually don't even look at my watch and just go by easy effort and slow is what my legs need to recover and be ready for the next hard effort

Unfortunately, for me, it feels easy at 11:20mm but that's my goal MP for Carmel, so I know my effort radar is broken, lol. But I do have a lot of runs at 11:50-12:30mm so I think I am pacing correctly in some, but not in all.

Stryd tells me I run in Zones 2 and 3 during all my runs. I think my CP is not as low as it says but until I race something else (next month) I won't know.

Damaris

onemile

Unfortunately, for me, it feels easy at 11:20mm but that's my goal MP for Carmel, so I know my effort radar is broken, lol. But I do have a lot of runs at 11:50-12:30mm so I think I am pacing correctly in some, but not in all.

Try running 75, 80mpw and see if it's still easy 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Try running 75, 80mpw and see if it's still easy 

Ha, I was going to say. This week will NOT feel easy for me, I bet.

PS, I added a comment about Stryd telling me I run a lot in Zones 2 and 3 but I don't think my CP is accurate yet.

Damaris

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Maybe you should run and have that be part of your position. Big grin I'd vote for you!

If I were to run, that might be my entire platform.

RunningOnSand

Ha, I was going to say. This week will NOT feel easy for me, I bet.

PS, I added a comment about Stryd telling me I run a lot in Zones 2 and 3 but I don't think my CP is accurate yet.

Granted I don't run as much as you Stryd users, but have you performed a CP. test yet? (If you have and already reported about it, my apologies.)

My CP is über low, so I was thinking about performing a CP test b/c it also tells me I run all my runs too fast (aka in zones 2 and 3).

bluerun

Super B****

Is it weird if all this Stryd discussion makes me glad I DON’T have one??

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Granted I don't run as much as you Stryd users, but have you performed a CP. test yet? (If you have and already reported about it, my apologies.)

My CP is über low, so I was thinking about performing a CP test b/c it also tells me I run all my runs too fast (aka in zones 2 and 3).

I wouldn't go out of my way to do one. Just do your normal thing and if it's varied enough (as it usually is with most of us) at some point over the course of days, weeks and months, it will align.

LRB

Is it weird if all this Stryd discussion makes me glad I DON’T have one??

Wouldn't call it weird. Years ago the same type of discussion centered around GPS watches and their accuracy or lack thereof. At that time, you would've been one who still used a stop watch.

bluerun

Super B****

Wouldn't call it weird. Years ago the same type of discussion centered around GPS watches and their accuracy or lack thereof. At that time, you would've been one who still used a stop watch.

Give me some time to decide whether that’s insulting 😂

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

I wouldn't go out of my way to do one. Just do your normal thing and if it's varied enough (as it usually is with most of us) at some point over the course of days, weeks and months, it will align.

I'm sure you're right. I just need to actually start, you know, training again.  And consistently.

RunningOnSand

Give me some time to decide whether that’s insulting 😂

LOL.

LOL 

LOL

RunningOnSand

Re; you not having a Stryd, Blue...idk. It's not like any of us really needs one. I think the main intrigue for me was when my iron levels totally plummeted last year (and hence, my paces), I didn't want to be bound by a pace number. I'm too competitive with myself to not feel like shit about my paces going wonky, so I'm hoping to eventually just train by power.