Beginners and Beyond

Thewy Thursday Penguins (Read 22 times)

Philliefan33

Margo- Yes!  Track Town USA will definitely make you speedy!

Be careful, Zelanie...your might get chased out of Corvallis for saying something nice about the hippies. Wink

SheCan

Morning Penguins!

Scotty-- Heck, the only reason I run is so I can eat all I wanna.  Hope you don't freeze in that 35* weather.  That just doesnt' seem right for south Texas.

Jerry-- you earned several rest days I'd say.  Congratulations on 32 married years!

Margo-- are you feeling good for your race this weekend?   What's the weather supposed to end up being for it anyway?

Bin-- awesome job!  I know you're going to totally rock that marathon when the time comes.

Jack-- enjoy your day off today!

Did just over 4 miles today.  Now gotta get ready and head to Tucson, go to a friend's art exhibit, and then head up to Phoenix for visiting.  And then come back before bedtime.  Its gonna be a long fun day.  Take care everyone!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Jack, almost there!

Yes, but you are a week closer! Wink

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Morning Penguins!

Scotty-- Heck, the only reason I run is so I can eat all I wanna.  Hope you don't freeze in that 35* weather.  That just doesnt' seem right for south Texas.

Jerry-- you earned several rest days I'd say.  Congratulations on 32 married years!

Margo-- are you feeling good for your race this weekend?   What's the weather supposed to end up being for it anyway?

Bin-- awesome job!  I know you're going to totally rock that marathon when the time comes.

Jack-- enjoy your day off today!

Did just over 4 miles today.  Now gotta get ready and head to Tucson, go to a friend's art exhibit, and then head up to Phoenix for visiting.  And then come back before bedtime.  Its gonna be a long fun day.  Take care everyone!

If you have time, you should drive the course! Smile

SheCan

If you have time, you should drive the course! Smile

Won't have time today, but I'm thinking I might go back next week, and then I should have a bit more time to play with.  Wink

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ok, have a good trip. I will likely drive the course the day before, after I get there.

Philliefan33

When I stay rational, then yes I am ready.  I should be better prepared than I was for my first HM in April.  For the first HM I did my own training plan that consisted of building up my mileage with lots of slow miles so I could just finish.  This time I followed a Running Wizard plan that incorporated aerobic / strength building / speed phases.  The past six months I’ve run the same number of miles as the six months preceding the April HM, but with the added benefit of specific workouts to target different things.  I can run faster for longer distances than I could in April, my legs are stronger; I’ve done the training, so yes I am ready.  This two-week taper period is allowing my legs to fully recover so they will be ready to go on Saturday.

But then once in a while I put on my crazy hat and start doubting myself.  For instance, I felt strong and great about three weeks ago…but this week I feel a little sluggish.  It’s been a month since I ran 10 miles or more; what if my body forgot it can keep going for more than two hours?  What if…?  What if…??

BAH!  I have to keep my crazy hat hidden in the closet and just keep reminding myself that I am prepared, I am prepared, I am prepared.  (And my family will still love me even if I don’t make my goal time).

My goal is sub 2:20.  At the very least I want to beat my current PR of 2:26.  The weather is looking good.

hog4life

Jerry, congrats on 32!

Ill read and catch up later. I signed up for a half in April this morning, Oak Barrel.

Dad on the run.

Hello hope everyone's Thursday is going well, so far mine has been ok.

Day 4 of NR - Stopped by wal-mart and picked up some therabands and a compression sleeve for the knee area (can't hurt right?). I went through the fitzgerald ITBS knee exersices lastnight followed by some stretching and icing. This morning I just say screw it and took a lazy day. Slept in until 6:30 OMG! Tonight I will do Jillians, core followed by the stretch and ice.

I don't feel it anymore when I walk, so I guess that's progress?

Oh! Also had a triple F lastnight, oh yea... Fried Food Fiesta! Chicken tenders, jalapeno poppers and cheese sticks with a coke. Talk about blowing your calories for the day Smile

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

on my way to badass

Afternoon Pens! Never got to my x-training workout yesterday. Got my snow tires put on the mom-mobile this morning. Gotta vacuum a little and get 4easy in before DS comes home from school.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

4 Easy this morning.

D - You should combine the 2 and save time.

Haha.  I wish!!

i am done.  One more trial next week

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on the 32 years, Jerry!  Quite an accomplishment in this day and age!   I've been married a total of 38 years...nearly 29 of them to Gail! Joking

Hope it does get thawed out for you, Dave!

No all day trial today, Damaris?  Bet that disappoints you. Wink

On the road again, Awood?   Safe trip!

Happy laundry night, Phillie!  I dunno, if you wear Oregon shorts you might get rained on...

Way to go on the 4, PAD.  That's what I said to Damaris too, in the dailies.  Too bad the judge won't let her kickbox some of the idiots she probably has to deal with.

Wow, 13M already done, nice Bin!

That's what I say too, obiebyke!  I got my mom's fat cells instead of my dad's skinny cells - my mom and dad PERSONIFIED Jack Spratt and his wife, lol - so I blame it on that and my metabolism slowing way down as I get older.

You'll be hitting taper time pretty soon Jack!  Then you will want to go out and run again during that time, lol.

Zelanie, I don't have to worry about being on the couch...Gail won't let me sit on the couch... Woof!   Wink   Hope you get to go to the social run!

Oh, it changes pretty quick, Cherie.  By the time I go run today at 4:30 pm, it will be back in the low 60s.   Hope you had a safe drive and nice visits.

Hopefully your foot will be 100% by April, Mitch!

Sounds like all that stretching, etc. is working for you, Jimmy, if you don't feel it anymore, which is good news, right?

I think I would do the 4 easy before the vacuuming, Stone Fence.  I'd be too lazy to go run after vacuuming.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Robert31320

Team TJ

Resting foot today.  Running Friday AM.

Running for TJ because he can't.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Chilly wind, but we got in 4.7 at just over 10:00.

Happy Weekend to the 29er's.