Beginners and Beyond

You know that I know that you know it's Monday (Read 49 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nonrunning day for me today.

My report and photos for my 25th race of 2015, which I did on Saturday morning:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/ec54f0ccb7874e15a0f2d49cc235ea47/resume#focus

Sunday, ran the San Antonio Riverwalk. VERY humid!  Nice run/walk though, got in 3.2 miles, and pretty much had the place all to myself after all the major rain we had here Sunday morning.

May 18th Holidays

Visit Your Relatives Day

KEYWORD1 2010-02-22 dog dogs canine canines animal animals lazy sloth

International Museum Day

art, glasses, frames, deface, mona lisa, the scream, museum, misunderstand, painting, painter,

Mother Whistler Day

Found in Cluttered Attic - Whistler's Father.

Accountants Day

KEYWORD1 2007-04-16 taxes tax season tax filing tax filings filing taxes cpa cpas accountan

Cheese Soufle Day and Devil's Food Cake Day

Souffle cartoons, Souffle cartoon, funny, Souffle picture, Souffle pictures, Souffle image, Souffle images, Souffle illustration, Souffle illustrations

Shocking cows and chickens with the ingredients of the cake.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

workinprogress11

Yes sir! The right knee. The pain seems to be right behind the kneecap and sometimes on the left of the kneecap. DW is already talking about another marathon but you can count me out of that, unfortunately.

I'm sorry to hear this. Hopefully you can get to a doctor soon, get it figured out and get it taken care of.

I got back late last week from spending a week in Hawaii (Kauai specifically) with my oldest daughter. It was beautiful both in regards to scenery and weather. I was mostly unplugged from the world. I ran about 4 miles each day just exploring different areas of the island. It was a perfect vacation.

As as for today, I'll run some, not sure how much yet. Whatever strikes me. I'm still on the Hawaii vibe.

From the Internet.

Yo. Will catch up on posts in a bit. Ran 3 super easy miles this morning to check in with my legs. They are sore (but I-ran-a-race sore, not injury-sore, so it was kind of satisfying) and will get an SRD tomorrow but glad I went out and got the blood moving a bit, and I am loving my $34 Wave Riders.

LRB

Yo. Will catch up on posts in a bit. Ran 3 super easy miles this morning to check in with my legs. They are sore (but I-ran-a-race sore, not injury-sore, so it was kind of satisfying) and will get an SRD tomorrow but glad I went out and got the blood moving a bit, and I am loving my $34 Wave Riders.

Are those stability?

LRB

I'm sorry to hear this. Hopefully you can get to a doctor soon, get it figured out and get it taken care of.

I got back late last week from spending a week in Hawaii (Kauai specifically) with my oldest daughter. It was beautiful both in regards to scenery and weather. I was mostly unplugged from the world. I ran about 4 miles each day just exploring different areas of the island. It was a perfect vacation.

As as for today, I'll run some, not sure how much yet. Whatever strikes me. I'm still on the Hawaii vibe.

Sweet. The Kona life is something I have not experienced yet. Emphasis on yet....hopefully. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Flew to Tampa for work this morning.  It's friggin hot here. Why would anybody run in this mess.  Smile. I might hit the hotel TM if I can get away from the work socializing that I despise anyway.

LOL.  Ant that's Tampa, usually 5-15F degrees COOLER than Miami.  Suffer with me.

Damaris

From the Internet.

Are those stability?

They don't have any sort of pronation control built in, but they're firm enough to have a little bit of inherent stability. Perfect for my stupid crooked legs!

Half Crazy K 2.0

LOL.  Ant that's Tampa, usually 5-15F degrees COOLER than Miami.  Suffer with me.

74 dew point, 83 degrees. I am suffering here in Maryland.

LRB

They don't have any sort of pronation control built in, but they're firm enough to have a little bit of inherent stability. Perfect for my stupid crooked legs!

I am pretty much resigned to my current three shoe rotation for fear of breaking an ankle or knee trying to run in what's hot.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

74 dew point, 83 degrees. I am suffering here in Maryland.

92F/72DP here.  And it's been like that for two months, mind you.  While you still had snow.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

92F/72DP here.  And it's been like that for two months, mind you.  While you still had snow.

l would have been happy for you to be send 20 of those degrees this way.

From the Internet.

I am pretty much resigned to my current three shoe rotation for fear of breaking an ankle or knee trying to run in what's hot.

I've run a few times in a pair of the flattest least stable shoes known to man this year (Brooks Green Silence, I love those things), including an 8+ miler with no ill effects, so I've been getting a little more adventurous. I'm still loyal to my DSTs for most of my miles, but I do like to switch things up on shorter runs sometimes.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

l would have been happy for you to be send 20 of those degrees this way.

With pleasure!  I would have given you 30 the day we hit 103F heat indexes and 72 dewpoint.  That was a day where you face melted off outside in 5 seconds....

Damaris

cjones1

Sitting by the pool right now so yeah, "suffer. " Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sitting by the pool right now so yeah, "suffer. " Smile

That's the only thing this shitty place is good for!

Damaris