Beginners and Beyond

Precaffeinating Before Heading To Dunkin Donuts MONDAILIES (Read 45 times)

EmbarrassedWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Embarrassed

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning, Basya!

Did T25 Cardio this morning and I have 6 miles tonight.

Damaris

Good morning, people.

My plan is to do four hilly miles at recovery pace after work. Ab work and push-ups will be done at some point, too.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I just got back from my run in 25 degrees with a Real Feel of 9. Since I've learned my lesson that the park I run in is extra windy since it is on the bay and it usually feels 10 degrees colder than even the "feels like," I dressed for what I thought would be appropriate for 0 degrees. Swing and miss.....this time on the overdressing side. Never thought I'd be so hot and sweaty outdoors in single digit temps! Also, only had time for 2 miles.....all the bundling up took way longer than I usually take to get ready and I only had a half hour from out the door til when I needed to be back in. Oh well, live and learn!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Supp!

Core and stretching for me today, which I am actually in the middle of...

delicate flower

Happy Monday of Turkey Week!  TURKEY I SAY!  A short but very busy work week.

I did 8 very easy miles on a gym treadmill this morning.  Somebody that was near me wouldn't stop farting.  Angry   Dead   I have my suspicions...you just know by looking at them, amirite?

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

ewwww! Lol it was probably the 100 pound hot chick.

I did 8 very easy miles on a gym treadmill this morning.  Somebody that was near me wouldn't stop farting.  Angry   Dead   I have my suspicions...you just know by looking at them, amirite?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

ewwww! Lol it was probably the 100 pound hot chick.

Hot chicks do not fart, they poot.  In fact, most girls poot.  Those that actually fart would make a better drinking buddy than a significant other.

Dad on the run.

My wife farts... just saying when you can hear it in the other room and notice the paint peeling off the walls, that's a solid "I almost just shit my pants" fart.

Hot chicks do not fart, they poot.  In fact, most girls poot.  Those that actually fart would make a better drinking buddy than a significant other.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning all!

OMG! I didn't want to get out of bed this morning, and I damn sure didn't want to get out of the tahoe and on the trails either, I wanted back in my nice warm bed cuddled up to my two favorite guys. But duty calls, and Rocky wouldn't have been pleased if we didn't go run - so I got in a sluggish 6 miles this morning in 1:04:24 while Rocky had a blast. Saw quite  a few deer out, though yesterday I saw a buck with a beautiful rack and I hope he lives through the hunting season - I need to get out there one of these weekends with my camera.

Tomorrow Rocky and I will most likely run an easy 3-4 miles on the greenway in the afternoon and then Wednesday will be a rest before the race Thursday morning. I hope to have some legs left to jog an easy 3 miles after the race, as I'll need to burn off a lot of calories to prepare for Thanksgiving dinners I'll be having. Friday if I have the energy, I'll shoot for 6-7 miles on the trails.

I ignore the sound when I hear it, especially during races or when I used to run with groups....... or in the bathroom before a race - Dead

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies. I did 4 Tempo miles on the TM this morning. It was nice.

From the department of #BuySomethingToUseTheBathroom comes: The gym I use is at my workplace. My work site has about 1000 people at it, so our fair gym has 4 TMs, 4 elipticals, 2 bikes, some free weights and other things yogis would use. Over the past 2 weeks, on at least 3 occasions people have came in and took a dump when I was showering. Our gym is very out of the way, so it's not like "It's the closest bathroom to me." I use the gym daily, I know what's up, and these people sure as hell don't use it. They come in there thinking that no one will be in there and take a dump. Last week I was literally walking in to the locker room to shower and someone followed me in, just for them to take a left right to the can while I start the shower. Doesn't anyone feel just the slightest bit awkward that someone decided to take a poop in the same general vicinity that another guy is showering? IDK - maybe I'm just being a little prudish. #StayOffMyLawn

- Andrew

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I was also at the gym - my trainer Dan commented too LOL  I was on my back doing crunches so I couldn't see the offender.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That is weird, and annoying. Though if I am going to the bathroom I'd rather someone be running the faucet or something and not just standing there looking at themselves in the mirror............ seriously, I can't even pee when that is going on.

Morning dailies. I did 4 Tempo miles on the TM this morning. It was nice.

From the department of #BuySomethingToUseTheBathroom comes: The gym I use is at my workplace. My work site has about 1000 people at it, so our fair gym has 4 TMs, 4 elipticals, 2 bikes, some free weights and other things yogis would use. Over the past 2 weeks, on at least 3 occasions people have came in and took a dump when I was showering. Our gym is very out of the way, so it's not like "It's the closest bathroom to me." I use the gym daily, I know what's up, and these people sure as hell don't use it. They come in there thinking that no one will be in there and take a dump. Last week I was literally walking in to the locker room to shower and someone followed me in, just for them to take a left right to the can while I start the shower. Doesn't anyone feel just the slightest bit awkward that someone decided to take a poop in the same general vicinity that another guy is showering? IDK - maybe I'm just being a little prudish. #StayOffMyLawn

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

OK guys, I'm usually happy when the conversation strays, but today? DeadTight lips

FreeSoul- Sounds lovely out there!

As for me, conferences and teacher training into the evening for the next two days.  Boo!

Hip Redux

Thanks for sending this Dailies straight to the crapper, Baboon.

Today will be core and upper body at the gym.   Legs are sufficiently tired.