Beginners and Beyond

Precaffeinating Before Heading To Dunkin Donuts MONDAILIES (Read 45 times)

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

SRD on the schedule, but I'll probably do a few easy recovery miles this evening.

Short week and lots of good food, woohoo!!! Big grin

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Zelanie, it was nice overall - especially the trails where a volunteer went out and used a leaf blower, now we can actually see the demonic roots waiting to kill us. Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Ric-G

Smile

Tuned in this morning for a good discussion on natural gas. Cool.

5 miles this morning and a holiday meeting/luncheon in a few hours.

Thanks for sending this Dailies straight to the crapper, Baboon.

Today will be core and upper body at the gym.   Legs are sufficiently tired.

marathon pr - 3:16

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Oh dear Lord, what's even happening in this thread today?

All I know is, it's 25 freaking degrees here.  I put on my college sweatshirt, fuzzy hat, and gloves and ran an easy 6, half of them with my running buddy (talking about how much The Hobbit movie sucked and was untrue to the book), so I got a nice slow warmup with him and then settled into my own more normal easy pace:

8:24

8:16

8:07

8:10

8:06

<--see?  My splits are becoming pretty even these days.  Considering the weather, that slower first couple of miles was probably better for my breathing, so I'm glad of it.

Oh and lunch was freaking EPIC.  I made kale sauteed with shallots in good olive oil and added some Farmer's Market feta, homemade cranberry sauce, and smoked turkey (also from the farmer, pretty cool!) and seased with a bit of salt, pepper, and nutmeg.  Sweet potato on the side.  Delicious Thanksgiving preview.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh dear Lord, what's even happening in this thread today?

All I know is, it's 25 freaking degrees here.  I put on my college sweatshirt, fuzzy hat, and gloves and ran an easy 6, half of them with my running buddy (talking about how much The Hobbit movie sucked and was untrue to the book), so I got a nice slow warmup with him and then settled into my own more normal easy pace:

8:24

8:16

8:10

8:06

<--see?  My splits are becoming pretty even these days.  Considering the weather, that slower first couple of miles was probably better for my breathing, so I'm glad of it.

Oh and lunch was freaking EPIC.  I made kale sauteed with shallots in good olive oil and added some Farmer's Market feta, homemade cranberry sauce, and smoked turkey (also from the farmer, pretty cool!) and seased with a bit of salt, pepper, and nutmeg.  Sweet potato on the side.  Delicious Thanksgiving preview.

Stomach bug?

Damaris

kristin10185, great job doing two chilly miles.

Phil, excellent crappy eight.

Freesoul87, sweet six.

Brrrrr, fantastic tempo four.

MBC, brava on the gym workout.

Zelanie, I hope that the conferences and training aren't too draining.

Oski, enjoy your time in the gym.

Dave, have fun doing whatever you do.

Ric-G, great five-miler.

scappodaqui, smokin' six.

Hey, Damaris.

If I can afford it, I want to head to Greece for two and a half days the Saturday night or Sunday morning after the Jerusalem Marathon.

Robert31320

Team TJ

I got in a quick 2.1 miles for day #1 of my attempt to streak into next year.

Running for TJ because he can't.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is a rest day for my legs after back-to-back very hilly 5Ks on Saturday and Sunday.  My race reports with the photos are on the main page somewhere.  The Mustache Dache on Saturday was very fun, lots of folks in costume, lots of them wearing imaginative mustaches, lots of post race goodies, including beer, canned and draft.  Pretty good football weekend for me too, my university football team became bowl eligible and most of the college teams I like won their games.   The only bad part of the weekend was the NFL, Houston Texans blew it yet again - 9 straight losses now - the Damn Dallas Cowboys won, and those idiot Denver Broncos lost in overtime on a very stupid play to the Damn New England Patriots.   Today at lunch I went and got my packet for my Turkey Trot on Thursday.  Nice shirt.  I only work 2 days this week.  After tomorrow, I am off until Monday.   Nice to work for a university in the holiday season!

Good luck with the 6 miles, Damaris.  Please send some of your warm weather our way....29 freakin' degrees was our low this morning.  I hate cold weather!

Basya, good luck with your hilly miles.   Maybe you could do your abs and pushups along the way.  Like the Army.  I go to Fort Sam Houston and run and sometimes I see the Army folks are running too when I'm out there...they run for a bit and then stop at these 'exercise stations" and do a series of those, and then are up and running again.   Then repeat..and repeat..and repeat...this goes on for a while.  Is that  a good thing, interspersing those type of exercises in-between your running sessions?  I don't know..all I know is they make me very tired when I watch them doing this, lol.

You will get the right combination, Kristin, after you experiment for a while.  When I lived in Ohio, one of the college running coaches there advised me to dress like it's 10 degrees warmer than the actual temp cuz that's about how you will feel after you start running.   So I've always kinda used that as a loose general rule and it has worked for me.  Keep at it, you'll get there.

Somebody that was near me wouldn't stop farting. Maybe he thought you looked cold and was trying to help warm you up.

Way to accommodate Rocky, FreeSoul.  The things we do for those we love!  Joking   Sounds like y'all had an enjoyable run though, even if it was what you consider sluggish. Good luck with your upcoming race!

Tempo run on a treadmill was nice, Andrew?  You have a lot more patience than I do, lol.  Wow, your gym sounds like it does not have very much equipment for as many patrons as it has...only 4 TMs and 4 bikes for 1,000 people!  How long do you usually have to wait to use equipment?

Good luck with the nonstop conferences and training, Zelanie!  You sleeping at work for the next couple days?

Happy core and body work, Oski!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Supp!

Core and stretching for me today, which I am actually in the middle of...

Your core is in the middle of stretching?  Or your stretching is in the middle of your core? Joking

LRB

I got in a quick 2.1 miles for day #1 of my attempt to streak into next year.

Good luck!  I ran 20 consecutive days (with some doubles thrown in there) and was dialed in each and every day.

Scotty, that made my head hurt.  lol

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Tempo run on a treadmill was nice, Andrew?  You have a lot more patience than I do, lol.  Wow, your gym sounds like it does not have very much equipment for as many patrons as it has...only 4 TMs and 4 bikes for 1,000 people!  How long do you usually have to wait to use equipment?

I've never once had to either wait to use equipment or have been waited on to get off of the equipment. One thing that plays in my favor is that I work out normally in the mornings. The other thing is that most people probably prefer not to use the gym at work. Either they have their own closer to home (or maybe just nicer), or they don't use one.

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Running is not allowed on an SRD, Dave! Wink

How what the luncheon, Ric?  Now you probably have gas...

You've had a good day already, Scap!  Except for that friggin' 25 degrees...BRRRR!

Happy streaking, Robert!  And don't freeze your ball-bearings off.....

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Running is not allowed on an SRD, Dave!  (unless you're Damaris!)

Fixed your post.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Running is not allowed on an SRD, Dave!  (unless you're Damaris!)

Fixed your post

Thank you, Damaris.  I forgot you are The Running Goddess.  Big grin   And with all these marathons you've been doing, I bet your legs are really Thor.   Wink

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes, THORoughly exhausted, ha.

Damaris