Beginners and Beyond

Sharing misery on the disabled list (Read 333 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I approve of this.  

If you're ready for a little running by fall, I'll do another Du with ya 

Deal!  I might have a new bike by then too... 

Running is dumb.

onemile

Deal!  I might have a new bike by then too... 

Oooh, which one are you looking at?  I was looking at my bike the other day thinking I can't wait until it's warm enough to ride it!

Singer who runs a smidge

Hopesmom, it's an issue with my bone that's impinging in my hip socket and thus tore my labrum.  If they fix the bone correctly, it shouldn't impinge anymore.  They're basically fixing my faulty defect.  No more defect should mean that there's no more issues...

Although I do see your point.  If muscles fatigue, your form can go to crap, etc.  But it's a bone thing. *Theoretically* it should be fixed.  It'll just be getting all my muscles to cooperate later on after I'm healed.

Oh, then I see where you're coming from.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Oooh, which one are you looking at?  I was looking at my bike the other day thinking I can't wait until it's warm enough to ride it!

It's a steel road bike with disk brakes.  Totally right up my alley.  Not as light or as speedy as yours, but I'm all about the comfort when riding to work!  http://freewheelbike.com/product/13salsa-colossal-2-15692.htm

Wonder why we talk so much about bikes in the injury thread.

Running is dumb.

onemile

It's a steel road bike with disk brakes.  Totally right up my alley.  Not as light or as speedy as yours, but I'm all about the comfort when riding to work!  http://freewheelbike.com/product/13salsa-colossal-2-15692.htm

Pretty!  What makes it more comfortable? I'm just curious.  I chose my bike primarily because it felt fast and fun when I rode it.  But it does seem a little stiff/jarring.

Singer who runs a smidge

I can't ride a bike.  But I will admit to wanting one of these ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Pretty!  What makes it more comfortable? I'm just curious.  I chose my bike primarily because it felt fast and fun when I rode it.  But it does seem a little stiff/jarring.

Steel rides smoother than carbon.  It's heavier though.  And that bike has tire clearance for slightly bigger wheels...28cc, I think.  And I don't think the geometry is quite as aggressive.  But I agree that she's very pretty.   And faster than my current bike, that's for sure!

Hopesmom, I think ti would certainly be interesting to try one of those!  Although I imagine you'd get stopped a lot on the street.

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

My bike is steel too!  It's like riding on a cloud of pillows.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

My bike is steel too!  It's like riding on a cloud of pillows.

Ooooo, now I'm even more excited.  What do you ride, Oski?

My problem is that I don't have time to go up to Minneapolis to get the damn bike before surgery.  So I hope it's still there in a few months.

Running is dumb.

onemile

Hmm maybe I got the wrong one. Mine is definitely NOT like a cloud of pillows.

But it is light and racy.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Yes, yours is super light!  And you could also probably get very fast if you spent more time on it.  Cookiemonster and I went to a few bikes stores the other weekend to check things out.  I found this Cannondale that I fell in love with.  I probably could have picked it up with my pinky.  It was also $5200. 

Sorry, we are derailing this thread today!

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

Mine is a full custom Independent Fabrication Crown Jewel.  Big grin

onemile

onemile

This is mine - 2013 Felt F5

onemile

Yes, yours is super light!  And you could also probably get very fast if you spent more time on it.  Cookiemonster and I went to a few bikes stores the other weekend to check things out.  I found this Cannondale that I fell in love with.  I probably could have picked it up with my pinky.  It was also $5200. 

Sorry, we are derailing this thread today!

Yeah, I need to ride more. I can't seem to make myself use the trainer but hopefully when it warms up.

It's crazy how expensive bikes can be.