Beginners and Beyond

Sharing misery on the disabled list (Read 333 times)

Hip Redux

Today is "friction massage day" for the adductor.   EEK

I'm on strong pain killers for the back so right now the groin actually feels great. lol

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Today is "friction massage day" for the adductor.   EEK

I'm on strong pain killers for the back so right now the groin actually feels great. lol

How was your friction massage?  If it's anything like Graston, I feel your pain...  Black eye

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

How was your friction massage?  If it's anything like Graston, I feel your pain...  Black eye

It was not as painful as Graston, but was certainly uncomfortable.   She basically worked the muscle against the grain, as opposed to massaging with the muscle.    It freed up the hip a lot though.

#artbydmcbride

So the PT diagnosed me with tendonitis/inflammation in the groin - likely the tendon that attaches the adductor to the pubic bone.

She said running low mileage is OK and to keep icing.   I'm going to get some "friction massage" the next session on Monday.  Sounds.... painful.

Blush

Runners run

Hip Redux

Blush

Tell me about it.

I think my physical therapist needs to buy me dinner first next time!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Tell me about it.

I think my physical therapist needs to buy me dinner first next time!

If this were the 1950s, I'm pretty sure my chiropractor and I would have to get engaged.

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

If this were the 1950s, I'm pretty sure my chiropractor and I would have to get engaged.

LOL!

nolamama

CQTM

This is what came to mind when I kept thinking about the groin massages your ladies were getting. Blush

nolamama

CQTM

Well now I have a tibial sfx. Boo. Sad

Hip Redux

Well now I have a tibial sfx. Boo. Sad

Oh no!!

nolamama

CQTM

Oh no!!

I know, it sucks! My goal is to use this time away from running to get my upper body/core in to shape. We'll see...

Hip Redux

I know, it sucks! My goal is to use this time away from running to get my upper body/core in to shape. We'll see...

I had that same goal.  I went to the gym.... twice. lol   I thought about doing it more often though.

nolamama

CQTM

I had that same goal.  I went to the gym.... twice. lol   I thought about doing it more often though.

I've been totally thinking about going. Then it rained, then I had coffee, then it was too late so I made popcorn. Cool

Hip Redux

I've been totally thinking about going. Then it rained, then I had coffee, then it was too late so I made popcorn. Cool

I mean, like, that's totally the same as going to gym.  Right?

I was good and did all my PT exercises this afternoon and then ended up with a spasm in my adductor.  I had no idea adductors could spasm.   My groin is revolting against me.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Like the posterial tibial tendonitis area?  It's sort of right above the ankle, inner shin pain.

DING DING DING!!

DR - mine moved a bit too - couldn't "pin point it" but eventually you'd find a spot that would make me scream.  And yeah, sometimes it went all the way up.

My last PT (who ultimately fixed it) actually kind of massaged it until he could pull the tendon off the bone.  From there you could feel the bone was nice and strong and no sore spots.  Then you could feel actual knots all along the tendon.

Find a PT that knows graston and hopefully it'll mean they know tendonitis when they see it.  Better to figure out what it is and/or rule something out earlier rather than later.  I'm the poster child for "don't end up like me and waste 6 months."