Beginners and Beyond

DTR Endurance 50K: Docket's First Ultra (Long with Pics).... (Read 197 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Funny you should say that.  This is what I posted somewhere in FB:

"I knew ultras were for me. No asthma issues.  None."

Wow, what an adventure! That was fun??

MTA: no mention of your lungs, I guess that's a good sign.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL, guys.  Thanks!

I was not having fun during the sand dunes, but I smiled during most of the race.  I was even dancing with Daddy Yankee (reggaeton artist) during parts of the race.  There was no one around most of the time so I felt I was trekking the Sahara or something.

Damaris

B-Plus

Congrats Bad Ass! I would have cried, crapped myself, or both!

When's your next ultra?

outoftheblue

Congrats on making the cut-off!  It sounds like it was a tough, but very fun day.

Life is good.

GinnyinPA

Congratulations Damaris.  You did great.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not sure.  I have a gazillion marathons this year, so maybe in the Fall if I find one or next year.  But for sure I'll include one or two 50Ks a year.  Not sure when will I dare a 50 miler but I need to prepare my husband, LOL.

Congrats Bad Ass! I would have cried, crapped myself, or both!

When's your next ultra?

Damaris

andrew jerald

Great race report Damaris, been a minute since I been on RA so your race report made me show up.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Not sure.  I have a gazillion marathons this year, so maybe in the Fall if I find one or next year.  But for sure I'll include one or two 50Ks a year.  Not sure when will I dare a 50 miler but I need to prepare my husband, LOL.

You should come up next year for the NJ Trail Series 3 Days at the Fair. It's in May. I wanted to do the 6-hour this year but figured I should complete a marathon first.

SheCan

Awesome, exciting report!   You did it and came in flying!   With all that sand dune climbing and the water crossings, all I could think of is blisters.  Were you somehow able to avoid them?  It really sounds like a challenging course.  You look so happy and filthy in the last picture.  Curious, does the "metal" DTR stand for Docket Triumphant Rocket?

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

LRB

Hell no!  >:-/

<----------- Is not interested in running ultras, not even for an entire box of Scooby Snacks.  ; )

Congrats on completing your first of 100, 'cuz that's how you roll!

Karen M

Congratulations!  That was great - even with the sand dunes and flies.  Smile

Marathons are habit-forming...

"I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

Philippians 4:13, NLT

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No blisters.  Apart from the sunburn, I don't look like I ran at all, LOL.  The DTR means Down To Run.

Awesome, exciting report!   You did it and came in flying!   With all that sand dune climbing and the water crossings, all I could think of is blisters.  Were you somehow able to avoid them?  It really sounds like a challenging course.  You look so happy and filthy in the last picture.  Curious, does the "metal" DTR stand for Docket Triumphant Rocket?

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Hell no!  >:-/

<----------- Is not interested in running ultras, not even for an entire box of Scooby Snacks.  ; )

I said that about marathons years ago when I first started.  I said it about ultras too. Care to join me next month for my first marathon in 18 years and later in September for my first ultra?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Rondog65

Wow, awesome report, so proud of you and what you accomplished!!

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

hog4life

Damaris, you are the queen of running, congrats. That was kind of funny about the bugs/flys Big grin