Beginners and Beyond

DTR Endurance 50K: Docket's First Ultra (Long with Pics).... (Read 197 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Great stuff, Docket. Be proud and treat yourself to another martini! Nice RR...

Great job! And what a wonderful race report. I don't know how you can remember so many details.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's only because I wrote it as soon as I got home, ha.

Great job! And what a wonderful race report. I don't know how you can remember so many details.

Damaris

Philliefan33

CongratulationsCongratulations, DR!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I hit your thread on the forum - but you rock Ultra-Docket!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Trail Monster

Congrats on your first ultra!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

LRB

I said that about marathons years ago when I first started.  I said it about ultras too. Care to join me next month for my first marathon in 18 years and later in September for my first ultra?

I said it about running a 10k, running without music, running in the dark and running twice a day, among a dozen other things I never thought I would do!

For me, running has been one contradiction after another so no, do not be surprised to see me writing about my first ultra someday.  I do not know what would have to happen for me to try it, but you are right, it is entirely possible.

Totally intense! Way to rock it Damaris...congrats!

Overcoming sarcoidosis one step at a time...

Wow..Awesome RR, just an amazing job..

Ms Chenandler Bong

Shocked  Wow.  What a RR and what a race!!!  I'm in awe, I think I would have turned around at the sand dunes.  Way to finish so strong and pass some people at the finish - that feels good!!  I like the wooden medal, I think that's really unique.

Glad you finally got your ultra finished and am looking forward to more adventures with the Docket!!

Marathon and ultra marathon runner.  Sour Patch Kid addict.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Finally got a chance to sit down and read this all the way through. Wow Damaris....just, wow! Amazing amazing job! Congrats on finishing your first ultra!!! True bad ass for sure. This didn't sound easy, but you did it!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Congrats on the race!

You cracked me up with some of your descriptions! Talk about perseverance! I tip my hat in amazement and respect. Have a donut and a beer (martini will do I guess).

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

That sounds like 10 Warrior Dashes in a day.  Great job!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Dang, that sounds like one tough course, Damaris!  Congrats!  Nice photo too, you look great!

Guess you have now gone from Wonder Woman to Ultra Woman!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt