Beginners and Beyond

Stop Lurking & Start Posting SaturDAILIES (Read 298 times)

Ball of Fury

So I logged on a few hours ago, determined to do personals and what do you know...the site was down.  Now there are way too many pages and I just don't have the energy, plus I am on my 3rd glass of wine and who knows what the hell I might say!

Damaris:  Again, sorry about the knee...that looks rough!

Weezer:  If you need someone slower to run with....I am always around Smile

DH and I took the kiddos to the drop in daycare today (love that place) and went to a local trail (paved) to get in our 10 mile GMP run today.  Someone I know suggested we get in a couple flat runs because we are so used to running hills all the time and our marathon is very flat....it was definitely a different feeling.  I felt  like I was always having to remember to propel myself...does that make any sense?  My goal was to run 9:05/mile today but honestly, I just couldn't do it...I felt like I was expended a ton of energy trying to slow down so I just settled on a "comfortable pace," which ended up being 8:40/mile average, with nearly perfect splits.  I had very minor discomfort from the ITB so it was a great run.  However, I KNOW I can't maintain that for 26.2 miles so I have decided to at least line up with the 4 hour pace group and try to stick with them for the first 18-20 miles...otherwise I will go out too fast again!  Anyway, I am planning to run somewhere between 16-18 tomorrow and then the taper starts.  Hope you are all enjoying your holiday weekend...I actually have 2 entire days off work, which is a miracle!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Nevrgivup

Ouch Damaris! Keep icing that knee. I ended up with a 4 mile progression run on the TM. This was after eating kielbasa and beer. Oops. Shocked

LRB- I also had a coffee flavored shot. LOL. I thought that you might like those. Wink

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

On Saturday, Dec 22, 2012, I participated in the End Of The World 5K in Seguin, Texas. This was especially meaningful for me personally this morning, as my Mom passed away in Virginia in the early hours of this morning (Dec 22) after a long illness.   Running is often my therapy and doing this race I had already scheduled helped me to cope.  She had been ill for a long time, so her demise was not unexpected, but we just did not know when it would happen.   My sister lives in her area and was with her.  My mom and I had thankfully already said our goodbyes to each other, knowing what was coming.   I will miss her but it is also a kind of relief , if you can understand or relate to this, to know she is no longer suffering.   She was cremated per her wishes, so there is really nothing for me to do but now wait until my sister and I can get a date scheduled for a small service at Arlington National Cemetery for her ashes to be placed with those of my father, a WWII and Korean War veteran.

Below is the link to my report and photos I did on this event.  Please feel free to share the report and photos.

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners#plckforumpage=ForumDiscussion&plckdiscussionid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3A8f8fb447-5c8d-4bc9-b29b-cc76418a561e

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Damaris- That knee looks awful! I said it in the Penguins thread but again I am SO SORRY that happened. That SUCKS! Hope you are on the mend and will be again being running marathons like a bad ass chick very soon!!!!!

Thanks for pulling the lurkers out of hiding today LRB! Maybe I will become a dual Penguin/regular dailies poster like some others Wink

Ok off to get ready for an ugly sweater party! Good night runners!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Ball of Fury

Scotty:  I am very sorry to hear about your mother!  I can completely relate to the feeling of relief, as a former ICU nurse I have seen many people suffer prolonged illnesses.  I will say a special prayer for you and your family tonight!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

CrisRuns

Supp Cris!  Thanks for the welcome when I visited there.  You are welcome here too!

Thank you! I am following my return to running plan and I am keeping my fingers crossed... My running in 2012 started in December. I am not even thinking of discussing that in the 2012 thread! What a sucky year that was. That being sad, I am still grateful for many things.

You?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh no scotty I am so sorry about your mom!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sorry to hear about your mother, Scotty.  Hugs.

On Saturday, Dec 22, 2012, I participated in the End Of The World 5K in Seguin, Texas. This was especially meaningful for me personally this morning, as my Mom passed away in Virginia in the early hours of this morning (Dec 22) after a long illness.   Running is often my therapy and doing this race I had already scheduled helped me to cope.  She had been ill for a long time, so her demise was not unexpected, but we just did not know when it would happen.   My sister lives in her area and was with her.  My mom and I had thankfully already said our goodbyes to each other, knowing what was coming.   I will miss her but it is also a kind of relief , if you can understand or relate to this, to know she is no longer suffering.   She was cremated per her wishes, so there is really nothing for me to do but now wait until my sister and I can get a date scheduled for a small service at Arlington National Cemetery for her ashes to be placed with those of my father, a WWII and Korean War veteran.

Below is the link to my report and photos I did on this event.  Please feel free to share the report and photos.

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners#plckforumpage=ForumDiscussion&plckdiscussionid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3A8f8fb447-5c8d-4bc9-b29b-cc76418a561e

Damaris

runmomto3boys

Did my longest run since the HM last month - 8.62 miles. My watch wouldn't link to  the satellite, but I knew it was about ~2.25 miles to the park. That park has a jogging trail that is 1.5 miles around, so I went around that 3 times and ran home. I used the stopwatch feature on my watch to keep track of my time and ended up with 1:27:35. I then mapped my route and came up with 8.62, which is a 10:09 pace...and my HM pace was 10:22. That pace didn't even feel that hard! I'm kind of excited!!

HOW AWESOME ARE YOU?!?!  Great run, Flippy!!!!!!!

CrisRuns

I am really sorry, Scotty.

LRB

Sorry Scotty.

Nevrgivup

My condolences go out to you Scotty.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

LRB

Thank you! I am following my return to running plan and I am keeping my fingers crossed... My running in 2012 started in December. I am not even thinking of discussing that in the 2012 thread! What a sucky year that was. That being sad, I am still grateful for many things.

You?

I began the year with an injury, and ended it with one...or two, but who's counting.  Wink

In between, I learned a ton about myself and the sport of running as a whole.  Including the fact that I handle injuries pretty well, as each time I have returned from them, I return a better runner.  So like you, I am grateful too!

CrisRuns

I began the year with an injury, and ended it with one...or two, but who's counting.  Wink

In between, I learned a ton about myself and the sport of running as a whole.  Including the fact that I handle injuries pretty well, as each time I have returned from them, I return a better runner.  So like you, I am grateful too!

So you are injured now? What is the problem? I hope you get better soon.

runmomto3boys

Angela: I'll remember your name - it's my sister's name as well!

Damaris: Ouch!  I'm glad you are OK to run, though!

David: See?!?!?!  7:59 pace????  FAST!  Especially for a training run!

D2: Nice job on the streak!  All good things must come to an end, I guess.  Boo!  Great run, though, today!

AmiK: Are you sure 8:40 is out of the realm of possibility?  I've seen your training times/paces on here - you are fast!

Scotty: I am so incredibly sorry about the loss of your Mother.  My heart goes out to you.