Beginners and Beyond

let's talk politics (without fighting) (Read 104 times)

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

I am bored, and nobody on here has mentioned a snipit(sp) of their thoughts.

Personally,  I like everything Trump is saying, he is right about taxes and corporations, and imports and all that, and lobbyists pretty much owning politicians and he doesn't need their "charity". BUT my concern is whether he means what he says or is he just saying it for popularity and votes? Politicians will say whatever they need to in order to get votes, all the time. Honestly,  he sounds too good to be true and you know how that goes. As another businessman, DH is all about Trump, lol but I am a bit skeptical.

Next in line, I really like Ben Carson and his views, and his energy. He seems very poised and intelligent, and calculating.

Yeah, someone who let 4 different corporations go bankrupt obviously know what the hell they are doing.

You people have issues 

Carly Fiorina

Do you want me to be politically incorrect? Would you vote for me if I said you were an idiot?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have a feeling this part does not describe Donald Trump.

But I know plenty of people with these qualities who are not assholes. There is no correlation. I don't see why being a polite, considerate person should be considered a fault.

Being polite and considerate is one thing, being afraid to say anything for fear of stepping on toes or upsetting people is another.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Do you want me to be politically incorrect? Would you vote for me if I said you were an idiot?

That's your opinion, and I am not going to cry about the opinion of another, especially someone I don't know or care to know.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

#artbydmcbride

Personally,  I like everything Trump is saying, ..........

What Trump is saying:

“You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.”

"Laziness is a trait in blacks."

"The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive."

".@ariannahuff is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man—he made a good decision."

"Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yarmulkes every day."

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best. They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. ... And some, I assume, are good people."

Runners run

RSX

I bumped into Bernie 10 days ago in Charleston at breakfast which was cool. I have been a fan (not a big one) for a few years. However he will be 75 in September 2016. That is too old for a 2 term  President.

Trump has made the Republican side more interesting but has ticked off too many people. He won't win the votes of the veterans or Hispanics in the general. He will tick off more groups before then.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What Trump is saying:

“You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.”

"Laziness is a trait in blacks."

"The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive."

".@ariannahuff is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man—he made a good decision."

"Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yarmulkes every day."

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best. They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. ... And some, I assume, are good people."

Strange, most of those I haven't heard from his mouth during any of his campaign videos and the last part is kind of pretty true. But I know you are only here to start more than just a friendly debate or conversation with me so I won't be responding to anymore of a few certain people.

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I bumped into Bernie 10 days ago in Charleston at breakfast which was cool. I have been a fan (not a big one) for a few years. However he will be 75 in September 2016. That is too old for a 2 term  President.

Trump has made the Republican side more interesting but has ticked off too many people. He won't win the votes of the veterans or Hispanics in the general. He will tick off more groups before then.

75 is definitely too old to run for president........ If he dies while in office, his VP takes over and he hasn't even mentioned who that is....

Trump is definitely shaking things up, sadly only him and Jeb are actually vocal right now, the rest have pretty much gone silent. I've always liked Rand Paul's views but I don't know, he's gone silent too..... and Ted Cruz doesn't seem too different either, while I do like Ben's stance on abortion and a few other things. Though he has mentioned basically lining up the border with our military rather than a wall, not sure about that one, I thought we had border patrols, didn't we?

Rand Paul does/did mention something of interest to me, term limits but honestly could he actually set real term limits within the government? There are quite a few old dinosaurs in congress and senate.... well in every branch of government actually.

PRs

#artbydmcbride

You know you can shop around for insurance coverage now and not just stay with the company you had before 'Obamacare' passed.   The insurance exchanges have some great policies.

Runners run

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You know you can shop around for insurance coverage now and not just stay with the company you had before 'Obamacare' passed.   The insurance exchanges have some great policies.

Not with the same group, I have Golden Rule now and I have shopped around, no real difference in prices or coverage.... of course that was in 2013, but I really have no hope to see anything better, though I might try.. I want my old coverage back, it took my stubborn ass getting pregnant to even look for insurance and I got lucky finding the one I did, now this.

Edit: You know, I will do a little window shopping with insurance, I'm still pissed off about losing what I had but I've got some free time at this very moment so I will 

PRs

DavePNW

Strange, most of those I haven't heard from his mouth during any of his campaign videos and the last part is kind of pretty true. But I know you are only here to start more than just a friendly debate or conversation with me so I won't be responding to anymore of a few certain people.

What are you basing this on?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think one can be honest without being an asshole. But perhaps it is not possible for Trump.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What are you basing this on?

Guess you could say the news, or media and the pics of perps they show. I also know people who have came here legally and are pissed off about the whole illegal bs, they worked their asses off to get in and think others should too, or maybe it's more Indians and Asians that feel that way..... I don't know whole lot of Hispanics but I know a good deal of Indians and Asians who feel strongly about this subject.

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Then you have not been listening cause I have heard him say all those things more than once.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Sorta getting off subject, but to me, the ACA only addressed the issue of insurance coverage. Actually utilizing the health care system is what needs some serious fixing. If you have co-insurance, you have almost no way of ever knowing what you have to pay until a few months AFTER you are seen. So for something elective, you have almost 0% chance of shopping around. And then with hospital stays, you can do your due diligence and make sure the main providers are in network, but then still get nailed with a huge bill when someone sees you who is out of network (ie. the anethesiologist is out of network, the NICU is out of network, the surgeon who is called in for consult while you are under is out of network, etc).

The prices for medical services seem so out of whack, for a tech to take his vitals, a tetnus shot & fancy band-aids, it cost DH $150 to go to urgent care when he cut his thumb. That doesn't include what insurance paid. Seems a bit excessive to me.

Vet care seems so reasonable by comparison (or we were very lucky with our main vet and the 2nd vet ER). When we took my dog to the pet ER for a UTI on a weekend, the vet gave us an itemized statement of tests/procedures & prices BEFORE doing anything. We vetoed what we did not want (old dog, many infection issues) and only had the vet do what we were comfortable with. Plus they had told us the exam fee up front. So why can't people get that?