Beginners and Beyond

Finally FriDailies (Read 21 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

What, there wasn't another no-hitter yesterday?

RD for me today. I'm looking at dueling forecasts for my 10k tomorrow but with one at 74º and the other at 77º, they're both pretty grim.  Oddly, the forecast with cooler temperature is predicting less cloud cover.  Both have us getting close to 90º by afternoon, which is pretty hot for May in NJ.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That sounds yucky.

I have PT, Pilates and a bike ride.

Damaris

delicate flower

Hello Friday Party People!

Fred, good luck in your 10K tomorrow!  I am looking at similar weather for my HM tomorrow, although it should start out in the low 60's so I am hoping I an be done before it gets too warm.  High of 90!!

As far as today's exercising goes, I swam 2500 yards this morning after dropping DW off at the airport.  4 day bachelor weekend for me!!  I will go for a short shakeout run before lunch.

BRB, got a meeting........

<3

Good luck to tomorrow’s racers!

8 miles. I have been doing an excellent job of keeping my easy runs easy, and when I say easy I just mean very slow. 

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.5 miles this morning. Felt a little cool starting off but it warmed up quick. Even more damn bugs all over the ground. Yesterday I had one outside my window making all sorts of noise in its quest for cicada love.

Fred & Baboon, good luck with the races. May is always such a crapshott with races, you can get some beautiful mornings and some that are oppressive.

3 flat workday,

Blue food dye might be hard to find for HalfCrazy Muffins... I check Walmart and Giant Foods, only found ‘sky blue’ who’s is a light baby blue

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck, racers!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

3 flat workday,

Blue food dye might be hard to find for HalfCrazy Muffins... I check Walmart and Giant Foods, only found ‘sky blue’ who’s is a light baby blue

I wonder if you need to go a one of the craft stores for the food coloring? I looked on Michael's website and they have both concentrate & gel coloring for icing. I guess that would work.

I told DH about the challenge and his solution was whatever frozen blue drink he had in Las Vegas works the same.

I wonder if you need to go a one of the craft stores for the food coloring? I looked on Michael's website and they have both concentrate & gel coloring for icing. I guess that would work.

I told DH about the challenge and his solution was whatever frozen blue drink he had in Las Vegas works the same.

Thanks.... I drove by this store a couple months ago and wanted to peek in.... then totally forgot about it

Bakers' supply store with candy-, cookie- & cake-making kitchen equipment, frostings & decorations.

https://franscakeandcandy.com

Half Crazy K 2.0

Thanks.... I drove by this store a couple months ago and wanted to peek in.... then totally forgot about it

Bakers' supply store with candy-, cookie- & cake-making kitchen equipment, frostings & decorations.

https://franscakeandcandy.com

I typically make some truffles over the holidays that use melting chocolate. The grocery stores only have white, milk & dark. The craft stores have every color imaginable.

I also learned that grocery stores don't carry pectin for making jam. Naturally I got it from Ace Hardware.

Good luck to tomorrow’s racers!

BTW it feels good to be able to say that again...remember when that was basically an every-Friday thing?

Dave

sdWhiskers

RD. Crazy that it's May and 90s for y'all. Only highs in the 60s here lately. Now is when the races should be, not in July.

Speaking of baseball, MrW and kid went to a game on Wed this week, where it was sunny and warmer midday. He said there were probably 20 men sitting in his area that took off their shirts because it was warm. And not because they were super fans and had their bellies painted or something. Is this a thing? wth 

Cyberic

Cyberic

RD. Crazy that it's May and 90s for y'all. Only highs in the 60s here lately. Now is when the races should be, not in July.

Speaking of baseball, MrW and kid went to a game on Wed this week, where it was sunny and warmer midday. He said there were probably 20 men sitting in his area that took off their shirts because it was warm. And not because they were super fans and had their bellies painted or something. Is this a thing? wth 

When I was young, in my hometown, well north of any big cities like Montreal or Quebec City, my dad, my uncles, people on the street, me, my friends, ... it was not unusual at all to see men shirtless.

Then I went in the Caribbean, where we were always shirtless and shoeless, even in stores. Wasn't unusual at all.

Then I moved to Montreal (circa 1998). After a couple of times walking shirtless on the sidewalk, I realized it wasn't a thing here. I haven't done it since, but I do miss the liberty of being shirtless still to this day. Of course I now have a 51 yo body so maybe I'd cover myself anyways just to spare everyone that sight, but still

I grew up going to Cubs games and sitting in the Wrigley Field bleachers, and that was absolutely a thing. That was before they had lights, so all day games. I got some of the worst sunburns of my life there, when I was young and stupid.  I imagine there's still plenty of that on a hot day, probably more among 20-somethings. I would never do it now because dad bod, and also just because it would feel weird, not that either of those things stops a lot of people. I am a bit surprised you're surprised, considering you live in Beach World, and I'd think there'd be a lot of that.

Dave