Beginners and Beyond

MonDailies (Read 31 times)

RunningOnSand

What's up, party/runner/biker/athletic people!? It's a good day to have a good day. What'cha got for today?

Cyberic

Hello RunningOnSand! It is indeed a good day to have a good day.

Ran to work in pretty high humidity, and did some strides (4) and some skips before finally going in the building to have a well deserved shower and coffee.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I hate Mondays so more of a Moandailies to me.

I have either 7 or my RD.  Probably my RD.

Damaris

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

no run day for me. did some leg strength exercises, some foot stuff to. hopefully, keep at bay the arch issue that seems to be developing in my right foot, and some upper body and core work.

This is almost exactly the same week I came down with an injury last year (anterior tibial tendonitis) after a really good July so I'm a bit freaked about the arch/foot. Going to use some old good feet insoles for a few runs and see how things go...maybe back off for a week or two which never seems easy to do

LRB

no run day for me. did some leg strength exercises, some foot stuff to. hopefully, keep at bay the arch issue that seems to be developing in my right foot, and some upper body and core work.

This is almost exactly the same week I came down with an injury last year (anterior tibial tendonitis) after a really good July so I'm a bit freaked about the arch/foot. Going to use some old good feet insoles for a few runs and see how things go...maybe back off for a week or two which never seems easy to do

Yep, it sounds like a support issue. Could also be a particular pair of shoes if you've changed them recently, or some that need to be retired. For me, it was the need for support. Took me 6 months to figure it out though. 

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I've been rotating through 4 pairs of shoes lately. On pair is definitely on it's last legs, the others are fairly low mileage (<100). All are neutral shoes with varying cushion and drops but minimal arch support. I had the same foot arch issue pretty bad years ago and the good feet insoles really seemed to help. Then I stopped using them for the last 3-4 years with no problems until now. Funny how stuff just come up seemingly out of nowhere...although, like usual, likely due to too much, too fast.

Yep, it sounds like a support issue. Could also be a particular pair of shoes if you've changed them recently, or some that need to be retired. For me, it was the need for support. Took me 6 months to figure it out though. 

DavePNW

5 miles.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My husband just gave his notice at work (a bit too early but his contract says 90 days).  It's starting to feel real, eeek.

Damaris

From the Internet.

Morning!

7 easy miles done. My streak is now at 126 days, average of 8.5 miles/day. I CAN'T F'IN WAIT to cash in all this fitness in a race or two or three!

Lots of steady/tempo type work recently, so my assignment for my second workout this week is to mix it up with "challenging hills". Oof. Prob during MLR on Friday.

sdWhiskers

I've been rotating through 4 pairs of shoes lately. On pair is definitely on it's last legs, the others are fairly low mileage (<100). All are neutral shoes with varying cushion and drops but minimal arch support. I had the same foot arch issue pretty bad years ago and the good feet insoles really seemed to help. Then I stopped using them for the last 3-4 years with no problems until now. Funny how stuff just come up seemingly out of nowhere...although, like usual, likely due to too much, too fast.

If my arches start aching, it's usually because I've been walking around barefoot too much, either in the house or the beach. My feet are happier to at least be in flip flops. YMMV

sdWhiskers

5 miles but almost took a RD due to logistics with dropping off DS at camp. I think next summer, I will hire someone for the early weekday mornings to drive him to these camps that all start after I'd like to be at work. Seems like it would be a pretty sweet gig for someone.

LRB

I ran 7.2

Got a visit from Mr. Cling at mile 2. That's when the entire top third of your singlet sticks to you all at once without notice thanks to the sweat that you didn't realize was there. You then spend the duration of the run following the wicking action down your torso, into your shorts and ultimately your legs and even your socks depending on the length of the run. Isn't July and August running just awesome?

Cyberic

I ran 7.2

Got a visit from Mr. Cling at mile 2. That's when the entire top third of your singlet sticks to you all at once without notice thanks to the sweat that you didn't realize was there. You then spend the duration of the run following the wicking action down your torso, into your shorts and ultimately your legs and even your socks depending on the length of the run. Isn't July and August running just awesome?

sdWhiskers

I ran 7.2

After my LR on Saturday, I needed 2 towels to sit on in my car. It still smells kinda gross in there...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I've never known of a time when clothes don't sting to me while running. Wink

That Mr. Cling is surely a stalked; follows me everywhere.

Damaris