Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #2 (Read 32 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Exactly. To me, the balaclavas and looked crazier. It was also sunny which tends to feel warmer.

If they were walking it makes sense

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

32F feels like 24F. 

I might race that in shorts + 2 shirts, but pants for a training run.

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I might race that in shorts + 2 shirts, but pants for a training run.

I go with shorts for training runs as long as the temp is above 30, assuming that's there's not a 20 mile an hour wind.  I don't race often, especially in winter, but would probably push the shorts thing down to 25 for a race.  Of course, I'd be bundled up in all sorts of stuff just prior to the start!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I go with shorts for training runs as long as the temp is above 30, assuming that's there's not a 20 mile an hour wind.  I don't race often, especially in winter, but would probably push the shorts thing down to 25 for a race.  Of course, I'd be bundled up in all sorts of stuff just prior to the start!

I normally wear shorts for windchills in the 20s but for marathons. This was my second 5K that wasn't 78F+ so I chickened out and wore capris. I was fine with just the LS even though I was freezing at the start. But next time, I should brave the weather with shorts.

Damaris

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I normally wear shorts for windchills in the 20s but for marathons. This was my second 5K that wasn't 78F+ so I chickened out and wore capris. I was fine with just the LS even though I was freezing at the start. But next time, I should brave the weather with shorts.

If I had been running in Miami for years, I think I'd be in a parka for 30 degree temps!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If I had been running in Miami for years, I think I'd be in a parka for 30 degree temps!

Haha, the 30s are my favorite temps!

Damaris

GinnyinPA

I'm the opposite. I wear long pants for anything under 40. My legs get cold and stiffen up if they aren't covered. I don't mind warm legs and don't find pants restrictive. But then, I'm not fast.

I ran a hill workout today. 7.8 miles. I didn't want to repeat the same hill 8 times so I did a hilly neighborhood and did some hills once and some twice. My total elevation gain was 645', so it was a good workout.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I went ahead and ran 6 miles this afternoon before getting Dorian from school.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

Run #2 done and hip felt good during, still feels good now. Fingers crossed that those knots I worked out of it were the culprit!

sdWhiskers

I ran a hill workout today. 7.8 miles. I didn't want to repeat the same hill 8 times so I did a hilly neighborhood and did some hills once and some twice. My total elevation gain was 645', so it was a good workout.

Nice work!

LRB

I'm the opposite. I wear long pants for anything under 40. My legs get cold and stiffen up if they aren't covered. I don't mind warm legs and don't find pants restrictive. But then, I'm not fast.

As impressive as speed!

LRB

LOL it was literally a last-minute race morning decision. I woke up having no idea I was going do it, but it seemed everyone else was, so there you go.

Useful habits and bad associations and all...

LRB

I got the 1750 (I think??)

ETA yes the 1750. The 1300i looks great. We did the install ourselves. Dh is super handy, and it took maybe an hour? We had a mishap with ours, that ended up working out in our favor, so the delivery guys carried the TM to the spot where we wanted it set up. I think the transporting it to your desired location (after the guys deliver it) would be the most challenging part (our delivery was only supposed to include them carryi g it to our door and depositing it right there).

i ran 4 miles with my siblings again.

Who are these people and why are they running with you??

LRB

Thought I was done with crazy-busy holiday stuff but today has proven me wrong, lol. Lunch with a friend, a quick crisis-chat with a different friend earlier this morning, kid got sick at school and I had to bring her home. Whew! It's not even 2:30 yet!

Hip has been mildly fucked up as of Tuesday at 3 AM when I woke up with a sharp shooting pain. Moving around, it's not bad enough to NOT run, but I can feel it just enough that I've been going easy and being cautious. Planned recovery week anyway so good timing!

8 easy miles this AM, would have been 10 but time constraints happened. Gonna jog another 20-30 minutes in a bit and then do a bunch of stretching and rolling. Attempting a club track workout in the AM primarily because it's way easier to call it off in the middle of a 200 meter track and stop immediately if I feel the hip bother me vs. attempting a run or workout on the road and then having to shuffle a few miles back home if it gives me grief. Will give coaches a heads up and they will gladly make sure I stop if I look like I'm limping.

I know exactly what it is this time (SI related - not the joint itself but some of the muscles and whatnot around the joint) and why it probably happened (all those left turns recently followed by an unfortunate ankle roll), so just a matter of being patient, following PT orders from last time (mostly just specific stretches and ice as needed) and waiting for it to calm down! Oddly, the last thing that like, popped things back into place last time it happened was running hard on the track, so the workout tomorrow should be illuminating either way.

It just means you'll PR every distance you race this weekend, so clear some room on the mantel!

LRB

As long as we’re at it.

Haul Assin'