Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #2 (Read 32 times)

DavePNW

I've unearthed evidence of my insanity! Because evidently it doesn't count if I'm the one behind the lens

The insanity is that you are smiling. And it appears that most of the people there have a lot more built-in means of maintaining body warmth than you do.

Dave

LRB

I’ve done two escape rooms. One was awesome and a lot of fun, the other one was super lame.

i slogged through 4. Pretty sure I was still asleep for most of it

It hurt my brain. And not even that it was complicated, it's that the "clues" didn't make any sense. The reviews were off the charts though, so it was probably just me. #oneanddone

RunningOnSand

Hey ROS, which Nordictrack treadmill did you get? I got a Costco email about the 1300i for $799. Its tempting.

I got the 1750 (I think??)

ETA yes the 1750. The 1300i looks great. We did the install ourselves. Dh is super handy, and it took maybe an hour? We had a mishap with ours, that ended up working out in our favor, so the delivery guys carried the TM to the spot where we wanted it set up. I think the transporting it to your desired location (after the guys deliver it) would be the most challenging part (our delivery was only supposed to include them carryi g it to our door and depositing it right there).

i ran 4 miles with my siblings again.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So I just registered for the Go! St. Louis Marathon, since I won't be able to do the LBL 60K this March. Looking at Fall 50ks and 50 milers though, hoping I can slip another marathon in before then... probably will be the Honest Abe Trail Marathon in September if training goes well.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

The insanity is that you are smiling. And it appears that most of the people there have a lot more built-in means of maintaining body warmth than you do.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves, people saying that. Because I've been bigger and smaller than I am now, and I've always been cold.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

I'm having another "which race do I do?" dilemma for Super Bowl Sunday ... which I wouldn't worry about just yet except that one of them is near capacity.

A. Half marathon a couple of miles from home, $50, 10 AM start. It's multiple loops of the park and I've done that race several times (they put one on in the winter and in the fall), and I predict that if I do it, I will place second or third because I always do. Possibly of note is the fact that I'm doing a ten-mile race a couple of weeks later on the same course. Snooze.

B. Four-mile race ten miles away, $33, 9 AM start. And yes, I'd likely run there, because if I plan to race anything in the winter I need a long warmup. Except that my main purpose in doing this would be to get a stupid A bib, and I'd have to run something crazy like 6:15 pace for that, which is obviously not going to happen... but I might be able to squeak out a PR at least.

Why do these people persist in putting on races on the same day??

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Baboon

delicate flower

Hey look, a youtube of me running with my funny shufflejog.  Starting at the 40 second mark, right after the dog beats me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XvPdZCye1w

<3

DavePNW

5 miles. Hammies felt tight the whole run. 

Dave

From the Internet.

Thought I was done with crazy-busy holiday stuff but today has proven me wrong, lol. Lunch with a friend, a quick crisis-chat with a different friend earlier this morning, kid got sick at school and I had to bring her home. Whew! It's not even 2:30 yet!

Hip has been mildly fucked up as of Tuesday at 3 AM when I woke up with a sharp shooting pain. Moving around, it's not bad enough to NOT run, but I can feel it just enough that I've been going easy and being cautious. Planned recovery week anyway so good timing!

8 easy miles this AM, would have been 10 but time constraints happened. Gonna jog another 20-30 minutes in a bit and then do a bunch of stretching and rolling. Attempting a club track workout in the AM primarily because it's way easier to call it off in the middle of a 200 meter track and stop immediately if I feel the hip bother me vs. attempting a run or workout on the road and then having to shuffle a few miles back home if it gives me grief. Will give coaches a heads up and they will gladly make sure I stop if I look like I'm limping.

I know exactly what it is this time (SI related - not the joint itself but some of the muscles and whatnot around the joint) and why it probably happened (all those left turns recently followed by an unfortunate ankle roll), so just a matter of being patient, following PT orders from last time (mostly just specific stretches and ice as needed) and waiting for it to calm down! Oddly, the last thing that like, popped things back into place last time it happened was running hard on the track, so the workout tomorrow should be illuminating either way.

Baboon

delicate flower

Dog got me by 13 seconds.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Dog got me by 13 seconds.

Such a good boy.

Damaris

DavePNW

As long as we’re at it.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

^ where's all your layers?  It's WINTER ffs.

<3

DavePNW

Such a good boy.

Girl! We determined Baboon got 3rd male.

Dave

DavePNW

^ where's all your layers?  It's WINTER ffs.

It was like 50 degrees.

Dave