Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 35 times)

LRB

How many glove temperature brackets are there?

lol

Well, for me there is the 42 ish - 46 ish zone depending on what the wind is doing. That's a super thin knit pair that provides cover but allows air flow.

The 33 - 42 zone is another knit pair but they're pretty tight fitting and don't allow air flow. This one also depends on wind as there are times when the wind chill is in the 20s so you need to be cognizant of that.

28 - 32 is the perplexing one because you could double up the knit or need heavy depending on the wind.

18 - 28 is my light heavy gloves.

Under 18 is my hulk hands which are basically snowmobile gloves.

Getting into the single digits (and below geezus) I'll double up the hulk hands with a knit pair and/or use heat packs which fit in special pockets on the back of the gloves.

LRB

I need a heavier set of gloves too. 

I ran 7 with 8x 1 on 2 off. It was 25 degrees with a real feel of like 18  on the bright side I finally bought a pair of those athleta tights onemile has and OMG I LOVE THEM! So soft and so warm

If you have a Dunham's or similar store there they usually have an entire aisle dedicated to gloves.

LRB

Re: 28-32 degree gloves, I got these as a gift a few years ago and I LOVE THEM: https://www.trailheads.com/power-stretch-womens-running-gloves-printed-black/

Cool. What's your heaviest pair like?

Congrats to the kid! Are you a yeller as a parent like, GET THE LEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS or laid back like, it's okay,  you'll get it next time?

bluerun

Super B****

Once it gets really cold (like, below 30) there's no point in gloves for me... only mittens will do.

I am home. And very sad about it. But OMG it was great to take a shower that actually made me feel clean instead of like I was standing under a leaky hose.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Once it gets really cold (like, below 30) there's no point in gloves for me... only mittens will do.

I am home. And very sad about it. But OMG it was great to take a shower that actually made me feel clean instead of like I was standing under a leaky hose.

I feel you. I gave my hotel props for having a real showerhead in my review just this morning, as usually hotel showers are like standing under a gutter a day after it rains! Had to knock them though for the crappiest pillows in the world. I don't even know what that shit was. 👎👎

From the Internet.

Cool. What's your heaviest pair like?

Congrats to the kid! Are you a yeller as a parent like, GET THE LEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS or laid back like, it's okay,  you'll get it next time?

My heaviest is a pair of lined/windblocking mittens - I start mixing and matching and layering when it gets really cold though!

Lol very laid back - I'm gonna have to work on my coach voice or invest in a megaphone!

sdWhiskers

I feel you. I gave my hotel props for having a real showerhead in my review just this morning, as usually hotel showers are like standing under a gutter a day after it rains! Had to knock them though for the crappiest pillows in the world. I don't even know what that shit was. 👎👎

My family stayed in a hotel a few months ago where, I shit you not, my kid couldn't stand up in the shower. The water pressure was FIRE HOSE.

LRB

My family stayed in a hotel a few months ago where, I shit you not, my kid couldn't stand up in the shower. The water pressure was FIRE HOSE.

Wow, I have never seen anything like that in all my years...that I can recall anyway. I need to stay there next time, trickle showerheads suck!

bluerun

Super B****

Wow, I have never seen anything like that in all my years...that I can recall anyway. I need to stay there next time, trickle showerheads suck!

How about trickle showerheads in a shower stall smaller than an airplane bathroom?? To call this "hotel" a dump would be generous.

chasing the impossible

LRB

How about trickle showerheads in a shower stall smaller than an airplane bathroom?? To call this "hotel" a dump would be generous.

Ironic. I almost considered sitting down to pee Monday.

Cyberic

3rd run of the day done. 8 miles with 10 times a ~60 seconds hill. About 17.5  for the day

DavePNW

Sorry for the cold hands people. Not too bad for me. I have one pair of regular running gloves I start using in the low 40s. (About the same temp as long sleeves.) Level 2 is a pair of windblocking mittens (Sugoi wind mitt) over the gloves. Maybe...mid-20s? I never needed anything more than that even in MI. Around here, I rarely need to add the mitts.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Ironic. I almost considered sitting down to pee Monday.

I wondered about these bathrooms... it's great that planes are "handicap accessible" but, um... they're really not. A wheelchair can't fit in there. Hell, a larger-than-average person can't fit in there!

chasing the impossible

LRB

Sorry for the cold hands people. Not too bad for me. I have one pair of regular running gloves I start using in the low 40s. (About the same temp as long sleeves.) Level 2 is a pair of windblocking mittens (Sugoi wind mitt) over the gloves. Maybe...mid-20s? I never needed anything more than that even in MI. Around here, I rarely need to add the mitts.

I don't own any mittens.

DavePNW

I wondered about these bathrooms... it's great that planes are "handicap accessible" but, um... they're really not. A wheelchair can't fit in there. Hell, a larger-than-average person can't fit in there!

I remember seeing an enormous dude on the plane one time, and he had this very large beverage container. I was thinking man, you might want to lay off the fluids, because no way you're fitting into that bathroom.

Dave