Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: The straw that broke the camel's back (Read 43 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Right now, I want these

Image result for strong margarita

Followed by this

Image result for Sailor Jerry Rum

And this to finish it off

Image result for Wild turkey Whiskey Rare Breed

But without the glass, just give me the bottle and I'll it an all nighter. .............

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Right now, I want these

Followed by this

And this to finish it off

But without the glass, just give me the bottle and I'll it an all nighter. .............

You managed to catch even me off-guard with that post, and I'm the resident alcoholic. lol

Rough day at the office, huh?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm in for the margaritas.

Damaris

LRB

I'm in for the margaritas.

I've had a drink at lunch during work hours once or twice over the years. It's weird, and I don't particularly like it. Mostly because I get lazy and don't feel like doing shit else. lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not really rough..... crazy yes, but that's everyday with a 4 1/2 year old.

I just want them, getting wasted sounds really good right now.

And I think I could survive if I spread the rum and whiskey out, rather than slam it all down in 2-3 hours 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

DavePNW

I've had a drink at lunch during work hours once or twice over the years. It's weird, and I don't particularly like it. Mostly because I get lazy and don't feel like doing shit else. lol

How is that different than any other day?

I have been through periods where I would occasionally get a beer with lunch, generally instigated by the boss. One works out just fine, as long as I don't have to give a big presentation at 1:00 or anything. It was often a designated Friday thing. At my current job, the Friday thing is post-work beers, although we sometimes start around 3:30.

Dave

LRB

How is that different than any other day?

I have been through periods where I would occasionally get a beer with lunch, generally instigated by the boss. One works out just fine, as long as I don't have to give a big presentation at 1:00 or anything. It was often a designated Friday thing. At my current job, the Friday thing is post-work beers, although we sometimes start around 3:30.

Yeah, I interact with business owners, residents and contractors. So my entire day is a presentation, more or less. A beer is fine, but I rarely drink A (as in singular) anything.

Cyberic

For a while at least once a week (sometimes twice) I'd go out for beer at lunch, and I was having a pint and a glass or two pints of draft beer. I was not doing much productive work the first hour back. One time I had a meeting after two pints, and I behaved like a guy who just had two pints. Nobody ever told me anything about it, but it was the beginning of the end. I started cutting down on the amount of beer per lunch, and pretty much stopped altogether after a while. We were also gone for two, sometimes two and a half hours...

Now I am a serious guy. I am a runner.

Zelanie

Beers at lunch are highly frowned upon in elementary schools.

I am not DavePRoadWarrior, so I cut my workout short today. Was supposed to be 7 w/ 5 @ MP, I ran 5 w/ 2 @ MP. That was all I had to give this morning, so I will live with it. It's even possible that my TM wasn't calibrated, and it was warm and without air circulation.  Plus I was on my feet a ton yesterday, with dorm move ins, etc. Next time we come, I need to find local run spots. I know there are a ton.

Today we have more to do. We are helicopter parenting in a big way. Heading to Ikea.

Cyberic

This had me lol 

Half Crazy K 2.0

Even more frowned on when the school' parent company is a hospital.

Cyberic

Got my bib number. For Montreal, your corral is given on your expected finish time, and not on a qualifying time. When I registered I put in 3:10, and so I'll be starting in corral #1. -Gulp-  That is somewhat intimidating.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Got my bib number. For Montreal, your corral is given on your expected finish time, and not on a qualifying time. When I registered I put in 3:10, and so I'll be starting in corral #1. -Gulp-  That is somewhat intimidating.

St. Louis marathon and half marathon are like that, so is Indy I think and Louisville.

PRs

bluerun

Super B****

So... after how many minutes of being stared at is it considered "socially acceptable" to punch the starer in the nose?  Asking for a friend.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

So... after how many minutes of being stared at is it considered "socially acceptable" to punch the starer in the nose?  Asking for a friend.

Just stare back until they become uncomfortable