Beginners and Beyond

Why hello, it's the Sundailies! (Read 35 times)

delicate flower

Wakey wakey!  Sleep was a little fidgety last night on account of achy legs.  I've got a 90 minute tempo run to do in a bit and I am NOT looking forward to it.

Me and DW are in VT these next two days.  I woke up to a crisp 52 degrees this morning.  

Happy July 3!  Speak up.

<3

LRB

I went swimming in a wine barrel last night so this morning's jog might hurt. lol

Pizza and a movie later, although I am not sure what's out so it might just be pizza.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 7.2 in overcast humidity.  I'll be brewing a batch of red ale here in a few, which sounds like a lot more fun.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Fresh from the In Case You Missed It department (I did!), there were 7, count 'em, seven DNFs at the 10k Olympic qualifying race Friday. Racing in 82 degrees will eat dat ass up. lol

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Fresh from the In Case You Missed It department (I did!), there were 7, count 'em, seven DNFs at the 10k Olympic qualifying race Friday. Racing in 82 degrees will eat dat ass up. lol

How many of the DNFs are also running the 5000m and dropped when it was apparent they wouldn't make the team in the 10000m?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

How many of the DNFs are also running the 5000m and dropped when it was apparent they wouldn't make the team in the 10000m?

True and Lagat are two that come to mind, maybe the rest as well.

MTA:True actually finished.

Cyberic

8 easy miles. This Hansons rest week (no long run) is so welcome, I even cried a little, so thankful I was not to have to push the pace and run long.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have either 7 easy or 11 with 7 @ HMP.  I am thinking the 11 tonight as I won't have as much time tomorrow.

Was the qualifying race by time or position?

Damaris

Hip Redux

7 trail miles done and now I get to ESU TWICE today.  Headed to the local BBQ joint for lunch with the family and then a BBQ at a friend's house later on.  This is on top of the noms I served at my house for the Baboon and Wife last night.

I LOVE HOLIDAY WEEKENDS.

delicate flower

I've got a 90 minute tempo run to do in a bit and I am NOT looking forward to it.

Well that went much better than expected.  Three miles into the run I had already decided to just run easy, but then I started to feel better, I got loose, and my legs magically woke up.  Sooo...

Miles 1-3 easy

Miles 4-5 tempo (7:22, 7:11)

Mile 6 easy

Miles 7-8 tempo (7:06, 7:14)

Miles 9-12 moderate

So 12 miles at 7:36 avg.  After yesterday's bike ride, I am thrilled with this.

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Was the qualifying race by time or position?

By position. Top three make the team assuming they have met the Olympic qualifying standard time, which the top 3 have.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

bluerun

Super B****

12.  This run was far too exciting for me.

I ran 4.5 miles to do one of NYRR's Open Runs.  That went fine, though my leg hurt (it's not surprising anymore).  The Open Run was fine too.  I finished second, first female, which means nothing since it's not actually a race but I just can't help myself.  And then I started the run home.  A mile later, this happened.

And a mile after THAT (because yes, I kept running... have to get home somehow), I stepped on a half-broken glass bottle, a shard of which penetrated the sole of my shoe.

And my waffle maker only makes ugly waffles.  I think after that run, I deserve some pretty waffles!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

12.  This run was far too exciting for me.

I ran 4.5 miles to do one of NYRR's Open Runs.  That went fine, though my leg hurt (it's not surprising anymore).  The Open Run was fine too.  I finished second, first female, which means nothing since it's not actually a race but I just can't help myself.  And then I started the run home.  A mile later, this happened.

And a mile after THAT (because yes, I kept running... have to get home somehow), I stepped on a half-broken glass bottle, a shard of which penetrated the sole of my shoe.

And my waffle maker only makes ugly waffles.  I think after that run, I deserve some pretty waffles!!

Dayum!

onemile

I blew up my mile3 of my 10k so I decided then to switch to the 5k instead of turning to do the extra 3 miles because what's the point.

Cyberic

Funny!