Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #118 (Read 28 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning, it's another RD for me.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Upon more digging, and depressing pouty-face, I am quite certain it was not my adductor at all that was feeling pain but possibly my Vastus Medialis, the quad muscle on the inside of the thigh. 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The one I was referring to! Don't massage it for now; I wonder if it's torn and that might make it worse. How is the pain today?

I have 10 at some point.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The one I was referring to! Don't massage it for now; I wonder if it's torn and that might make it worse. How is the pain today?

I have 10 at some point.

😳 I used my gun all over my quads twice yesterday!😫😫😫

Its feeling... Meh, sore but not nearly like yesterday but kinda more pinpoint rather than up and down or all over, it would seem.

I've been taking ibuprofen sparingly, normally first thing in the morning. I also take those Hammer Nutrition Tissue Revitalization vitamins, some CBD oil and I rub my Runners High Herbal Super Herbs Plus ointment (for pain and inflammation relief) into the muscle.

PRs

KCRuns

Good morning!

A little cross training for me on the treadmill with a virtual hike on Sugarloaf Mountain in Brazil.  My treadmill incline goes up to 12 and we spent a lot of time there - 496 feet of elevation gain in 1 mile.  2 miles total with WU and CD.

bluerun

Super B****

10 on the AlterG (though my foot pod decided it was 9.68), and soon I have virtual PT, which is pathetically exciting because I get to see another human being with whom I can interact without feeling like ripping their face off.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

To better explain what the hell has happened to me over the last 2 weeks, the issues started two weeks ago and I think I was fixing it or it was slowly healing, until last Wednesday.

So last Wednesday when I split my 10 miler up, Jetta and I ran 3.2 that morning. Starting out, everything was fine and my legs weren't giving any complaints, but around .4 miles Jetta comes to a complete stop just as I find a comfortable pace. Instead of stopping I pull her 63 lbs, where I fucked up was I put my left leg forward and used it to pull her as I drove it down and pushed off with it. From that moment I knew I had irritated my leg, it went from no soreness to painfully pissed off.

Throughout the day I took ibuprofen, my ointment and tissue rejuvenator stuff. That night I ran 7.2 miles and though it was sore, I think the ibuprofen was still in my system. It wasn't until Friday's run that I realized something was seriously wrong 

PRs

sdWhiskers

FS--I'd put down the massage gun for awhile if you think it was from an acute injury.

Blue--So sorry for your loss.

7 miles. I got up early again to beat the sun. Peak week has begun!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Walked a mile on the treadmill and didd upper body strength training.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

FS, could be a pulled muscle and massage or running are a no.

Damaris

LRB

I ran 8.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

FS--I'd put down the massage gun for awhile if you think it was from an acute injury.

Samesies!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, I won't be playing with that for a while.

But when can I safely resume yoga stretches?

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If it’s a pull, don’t stretch it!

Damaris