Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #118 (Read 28 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's definitely coming here. If Ocean City is still essentially closed come Memorial Day, people are going to lose their shit.

If it's not, you know there will be a hot spot just there for the thousands at the beach like in California.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

That's definitely coming here. If Ocean City is still essentially closed come Memorial Day, people are going to lose their shit.

Several beaches (but not parking lots) opened here today. You can walk from your house to the ocean and swim, kayak, surf, paddleboard. You cannot stand/sit/lie on the sand or do any activities with other people.

I guess we'll see if people can follow directions or if the beaches will all be closed again in a few days.

Runshortii

Here they just want to use their boats and surfboards.

Can they not use their boats right now? Here you can still go out on your boat as far as I know. Obviously though spring in WI is a lot different than California lol, and I think most people are just fishing from their boats

LRB

the majority of people are still not wearing masks here (suburb of Milwaukee). including inside stores. but so far it's recommended and not required.  I went to the grocery store last Monday and still only 2-3 others were wearing masks.  the police won't even ticket people for protesting in large groups not keeping distance.

In case you missed it, Running Warehouse is offering a 2 for 1 on Maurten Gels until May 3.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Can they not use their boats right now? Here you can still go out on your boat as far as I know. Obviously though spring in WI is a lot different than California lol, and I think most people are just fishing from their boats

In MI travel to your summer homes on the lake, etc (where I assume the boats are) is not allowed. Not sure if she relaxed that rule but that was put in place the week before the confederates protest.

Damaris

Runshortii

In MI travel to your summer homes on the lake, etc (where I assume the boats are) is not allowed. Not sure if she relaxed that rule but that was put in place the week before the confederates protest.

They’ve discouraged travel to your cabin here in WI too, but a ton of people have boats just for lakes around here too

onemile

In case you missed it, Running Warehouse is offering a 2 for 1 on Maurten Gels until May 3.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

They’ve discouraged travel to your cabin here in WI too, but a ton of people have boats just for lakes around here too

LRB can confirm, but my friend from Detroit said she couldn't travel outside of her residence to her boyfriend's home 45 minutes away without violating the order, so maybe it restricted travel outside your primary home to food, etc. only?

Damaris

sdWhiskers

People that live on their boats need to provide proof when they go to marinas so they can board. Boating generally is not allowed (my boss has a sailboat so I hear about this weekly, ha!). Commercially, I don't know.

I think the thought is to help protect Lifeguards, Coast Guard, first responders, etc who have to respond to boat calls. Boating here is ocean. There are a few lakes more inland that I have no idea about.

Runshortii

LRB can confirm, but my friend from Detroit said she couldn't travel outside of her residence to her boyfriend's home 45 minutes away without violating the order, so maybe it restricted travel outside your primary home to food, etc. only?

Oh I’m not doubting MI’s laws, I know they’ve been stricter than here. My in laws live close to the UP and can’t even buy paint at the Home Depot in MI because it’s “non essential”

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh I’m not doubting MI’s laws, I know they’ve been stricter than here. My in laws live close to the UP and can’t even buy paint at the Home Depot in MI because it’s “non essential”

Technically, that's right, it's not essential. I do find it too restrictive; but normally rules and laws are made because someone did something to make the law necessary. From what I've seen here at Target, people are just going to stores and walking around without needing anything, creating crowds. Target looked like on Saturday like rush hour traffic, for example. And hardly anyone was wearing a mask.

Damaris

Runshortii

Technically, that's right, it's not essential. I do find it too restrictive; but normally rules and laws are made because someone did something to make the law necessary. From what I've seen here at Target, people are just going to stores and walking around without needing anything, creating crowds. Target looked like on Saturday like rush hour traffic, for example. And hardly anyone was wearing a mask.

I think it’s too restrictive too, but yeah I see where they’re coming from when you have people just hanging out in the stores.

DavePNW

10 miles. 

RA is working for me in general (Safari on iPhone/iPad), except when I go into existing runs, I cannot not see splits or map. So something’s fucky. MTA: OK, looks like my training log summary page is completely blank. 

No mask mandate here, just the recommendation. After being the initial hotspot, things have flattened out a bit here. I do see a lot of people in masks though. Not so many on walkers when I’m out running (although there are some), but a lot at the grocery store. Definitely >50%, maybe 75%.

Dave

LRB

That was statewide and ruffled some feathers. It has since been relaxed as of Friday.

LRB

I have friends and coworkers who have been frothing at the mouth since the onset but it hasn't been that difficult for me to digest. I had said way back in the beginning that if I weren't allowed to run, I wouldn't have. My only concern was that it was made clear if we were allowed to run.

You can't have a rational discussion with irrational people and I just want to say to some of these folks; you do realize that people are like dying and shit, don't you? And some of those who aren't dying are going through incredible pain and misery. It's not like this is a power outage or some minor inconvenience. C19 is a fire breathing dragon and the world has been getting its collective ass kicked.