Beginners and Beyond

Where is Sundailies??? (Read 48 times)

happylily

Nothing like sitting around drinking brews post lunch and postponing a 3+ how drive.

Hence the spam posting.

to be postponed even more after the brews ...

Spam us as much as you want. You deserve it.  How did you like traveling alone to the race? Missed the family support?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Nothing like sitting around drinking brews post lunch and postponing a 3+ hour drive.

Hence the spam posting.

to be postponed even more after the brews ...

I'm drinking as well, wine to go with some thin crust yumminess (yes I'm at the movies again ).

Today's feature is Paddington. Hey man,

there's a kid in all of us....well in me anyway. 

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Spam us as much as you want. You deserve it.  How did you like traveling alone to the race? Missed the family support?

I deserve something for sure not necessarily anything positive .

hmmm.  Freeing, it's nice.  However, all in all I miss them not necessarily for the support.  That's nice but honestly 15 min before race until 15 min after I am oblivious to family, just need to focus and do.

But just knowing they are there, to share to pre and post race meal.  To walk around and chitchat. Tease my DD etc...

it it would be ok with team mates but the fam... Miss them.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I'm drinking as well, wine to go with some thin crust yumminess (yes I'm at the movies again ).

Today's feature is Paddington. Hey man,

there's a kid in all of us....well in me anyway. 

Wine, pizza and Paddington.

Not a damned thing wrong with that, F what anyone else thinks.

workinprogress11

Scotty-Congratulations on the race!

Sly-You are so speedy. Congratulations on the PR!

LRB-Awwww, Paddington.

5 progressive miles in the snow. It was the fluffy kind that doesn't stick. It was fun.

B-Plus

WTG Sly & Scotty!

This morning's long run was all about taking down a particular Strava segment. I got er done.

Cyberic

You can drink wine at the movies? Not here. Drinking age might be 18, but no wine at the movies. No pizza either for that matter. Wait a minute, unless you're not drinking and eating AT THE movies, but going to, or coming from... that would make sense.

I hate going to the movies. Even the best places that brag that they have all that leg room, it's still too cramped for me. I have this huge La-Z-Boy at home, the biggest they make (to my knowledge). The Grand Canyon recliner. I much prefer watching movies at home.

happylily

I too was surprised that they can eat and drink wine at cinemas, in some cities and states. Doesn't it make the seats smell funny after? But then, if you drink just enough wine, you start not caring about the smell, I guess.

B-Plus

I just finished lunch not even an hour ago and I'm starving! I think it's time to bump that MRT Truths thread.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have not attended the cinema near me that does it but it's a separate movie theater that serves food and wine and drinks with the movie.

I am vegging on the couch having a margarita.  Especially since I realized the legs workout is tomorrow.  Good because I am so sore from the chest and tri workoit yesterday that I cannot life my arms in full. I can do 50+ pushups a day but not through this workout. I was humbled. Love it!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lily, what is the earliest you think you can let us know about your surgery?  We will worry until we hear from you.

Damaris

You Rang?

Greetings all:

I got on the scale at Weight Watchers (the official scale of Casa Lurch) and found I was down another 1.8 lb.

I'll be running 12 really slow miles later this afternoon/evening, as soon as the Mexican lunch I ate finds its way into my large intestine.  Until them, slug time.

Nice time Sly.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.4 miles. Now doing snow dances because I really want the day off tomorrow.

onemile

Slymoon - congrats on the half PR!

Cyberic - I don't think I ever in training say - hey I am going to smash this marathon. At best, on a good day I think MAYBE I can run this pace, on race day, rested, tapered and carb loaded.  Most days I think, if I can barely run a few miles at this pace (or slower) how the hell am I going to do it on race day?  But, you will (hopefully) find that on race day it feels so different.

Lily - great pace for the hilly 17.  Looks like you are still in great shape.  I am hoping you still end up running Boston.  I am a little nervous about the difficulty of the course - what incline does your TM switch to for those Newton hills?  PS I think it's my dog's eyes. They're huge. 

Jack - sorry your run was crappy but glad my cute dog can help! Smile

I ended up running 10, which makes 48 for the week because I skipped one of my runs. Oh well.

Oh and Bruno ran the first 3 with me and he was perfect.

happylily

Lily, what is the earliest you think you can let us know about your surgery?  We will worry until we hear from you.

Aww! (((Damaris)))  I will be waiting at 6:45 am, with other patients. If I go with the first group, I will be out of surgery by lunch time. Then I have to rest in a room for about 5 hours before they let me get up and leave. If I'm not called with the first group, then I will have my surgery in the afternoon, so I expect to be home around 10 pm. No internet allowed at the hospital (I think? I will check... would be nice if I could wait in your company, guys. ) The procedure itself only takes one hour. All this waiting for nothing. grrr.... Plus I must fast starting tonight. I hate fasting.