Beginners and Beyond

Turkey Dailies! (Read 37 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congratulations, Baboon and Lauren!

Damaris

delicate flower

The McMillan Calculator Game is so much more fun with a real actual RECENT race instead of old race times and wild guesses!

5 miles in 35:11. So in theory I should be able to shoot for something under 21:30 for 5K (McMillan says 21:13 but I don't have enough 5K-specific workouts in my recent past), or under 45 for 10K (McMillan: 44:04).

Nice job, Lauren!

Nice!

That's a 41:33 10k for you today, a mere 36 seconds off your 10k PR. And what's most impressive is the 6:20 split you clocked in the last mile of all of your shenanigans. The energizer bunny would have a heart attack trying to keep up with you.

I'll do a couple of 10K's over the winter.  I am hoping to be in PR shape by then.

Garmin says my avg heart rate was 178 in my 5K, peaking at 186, and that was with no wonky HR spikes.  Damn.

<3

Ric-G

was going to do 5 this morning but felt good enough and ended up with 7.

congrats, twice, baboon, on your 5k double

nice job lauren

good luck to all others racing.

eric - saw your response. thx. i had a feeling that a series between the habs and the maple leafs would be more interesting. 

And Happy Thanksgiving to all!

marathon pr - 3:16

DavePNW

Ugh. 21:04. Rough day out there.

But still: 1st AG and a pie. So I'm gonna call that a win.

MTA: oh, and instead of a shirt, registration got you a pair of flannel  pajama pants. So that's kind of different.

Dave

delicate flower

Ugh. 21:04. Rough day out there.

But still: 1st AG and a pie. So I'm gonna call that a win.

MTA: oh, and instead of a shirt, registration got you a pair of flannel  pajama pants. So that's kind of different.

Sorry you didn't run closer to that sub-20, but an AG win and some good swag definitely is a win.

Speaking of PR's, I think Aretha was going for one with that national anthem.  Holy shit.

<3

Zelanie

Congrats to Phil, Lauren, and Dave!

I really need to start cooking so that there will be vegetarian food at dinner.

Dave, if the wind is anything like what I was running in yesterday, you ran a hell of a race.  Your AG win shows that. Smile

I'll probably run something later.  I have an assignment due for my class in addition to Thanksgiving, so it might just be 1.

bluerun

Super B****

I REALLY wanted to run my race in 34:56... it looks so pretty.

34:55. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

The McMillan Calculator Game is so much more fun with a real actual RECENT race instead of old race times and wild guesses!

5 miles in 35:11. So in theory I should be able to shoot for something under 21:30 for 5K (McMillan says 21:13 but I don't have enough 5K-specific workouts in my recent past), or under 45 for 10K (McMillan: 44:04).

Nice job!

The McMillan game usally depresses me too much, because I can never achieve what they think I can.

Dave

DavePNW

LIONS! LRB and the rest of Ford Field are going crazy.

Dave

DavePNW

Final results: AG 1/19, OA 16/800. They also had a 10k, all the fast people must have done that one.

Now seeing Fantastic Beasts.

Dave

Cyberic

Congrats to all the turkey racers.

The indoor track was finally opened today, but my foot pad's battery was dead 

So I counted the laps. Made it 4 easy, 8 hard, 4 easy, 8 hard, 4 easy, 8 hard, and 4 easy for a total of 40 190 metres laps, with 24 of those at 10K pace.

The watch's internal acceloremeter is not very accurate. Overall it measured 7.1 km instead of the 7.6 actual km I ran (40 x 0,190). But at least I knew that already and did not even try to rely on it.

Cyberic

Ric, yep, Canadiens vs Leafs in the playoffs would get me watching TV for every game.

LRB

LIONS! LRB and the rest of Ford Field are going crazy.

Row 4.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice seats, LRB!

Ran 5 on the TM with 6 X 100m strides.  Felt nice to run fast albeit for a short distance.  Little by little, I'll recover the endurance.  Damn meds.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Nice racing Baboon, Lauren and Blue Run.

Great seats LRB. Pies are vegetarian.