Beginners and Beyond

Catching Fire WednesDAILIES (Read 40 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice run/walk at Fort Sam Houston this morning.  A bit humid but somewhat cooler as "El Nino" is heading into Texas and we are actually supposed to get some rain today and tomorrow.   And get cooler temperatures...a high of only 94 tomorrow!   Nice change after two weeks of 100 degree temps just about every day!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

GinnyinPA

Our dew points seem to be backwards, at least sometimes.  i.e. at 7 am today the DP was 66.  It is projected to increase all day, and by 4 pm it will be 75 then it drops back down again.  Probably has something to do with the thunderstorms expected late afternoon.

cjones1

Slept in this morning due to the crazy thunderstorms raging.  I might have an hour or so tonight to squeeze some miles in.  It's supposed to be 58 degrees in the morning.  I can't wait.  Woot!

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Zelanie

Love the photos, Julie!

LRB- Singlehandedly keeping the DVD industry in business.   I liked the Hunger Games books and movies.

I may run track tonight, but it's only going to have cooled off to 90 at the start time, so I may just run 8 easy instead.

Cyberic

Our dew points seem to be backwards, at least sometimes.  i.e. at 7 am today the DP was 66.  It is projected to increase all day, and by 4 pm it will be 75 then it drops back down again.  Probably has something to do with the thunderstorms expected late afternoon.

It is often like that here too.

Dew point can not be above temperature. It is impossible. Therefore it happens that in the morning, when the temperature dropped to 65 during the night, the DP is 65 (or near), and as the temperature rises during the day (say to 85 degrees), dp also rises (to 75 for example).

LRB

Yes, the dew point rises while I am running sometimes.

Little Blue

I ran 7, too... because it's a disgusting soupy mess outside (as in, so humid you could drown in it), 

Storms before daybreak dumped a lot of rain, which is still flowing in the gutters in some places.  Primordial ooze.  Ran 3.2, walked 4.  I can't wait to get dressed in long pants and go work in this mess. Currently 78-77, looking like rain any minute.

Mmmmm...beer

So I'm pretty excited about my 5k on Saturday, it's a certified course and only 30ft of elevation!  My 5k last weekend was over 200ft of elevation and I was only 2 sec off my PR (which now that I think about it, really isn't that hilly, but the hills seem bigger when you're racing lol).  Forecast says low 80s, so a lil bit warmer, but it's an evening race, so humidity should be down.  Plus, I don't think I was in nearly enough pain for a solid 5k effort (that's what happens when you don't do speed work, or race a lot, you forget how to push yourself really hard lol), so maybe with last weekend's refresher, I can push a lil harder this weekend and snag a shiny new PR. 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

LRB- Singlehandedly keeping the DVD industry in business.   I liked the Hunger Games books and movies.

I am usually the last to switch to any type of new tech.

Shit, I still have a collection of VHS tapes boxed away somewhere FFS.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Then there is this in the middle of the day:

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It is often like that here too.

Dew point can not be above temperature. It is impossible. Therefore it happens that in the morning, when the temperature dropped to 65 during the night, the DP is 65 (or near), and as the temperature rises during the day (say to 85 degrees), dp also rises (to 75 for example).

That only happens in places were the temperatures cool down, but like I said near the Equator, it does not cool down much overnight so it is usual to get 80F (or higher) and 80 dewpoint in the mornings, like we have many mornings.  Then, as it gets hot as balls (see picture above), the dewpoint comes down in the middle of the day because otherwise, we would explode, LOL (since highest dewpoint on record is 84F, the hotter it gets the dewpoint has to drop because of the heat and that only happens in the middle of the day, usually).  Then, when it goes down to 89F at night, the dewpoint rises again.

Damaris

LRB

What does an 80 dew point feel like?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It feels like you are inside an oven, the oven has all the lights on, and THEN they put the oven in the middle of a jungle and all that air goes into the oven too.

When I left court, I started coughing.  I cannot breathe well now.  80DP is the dangerous level for asthma people, if you remember the table.

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

-Dave

My running blog

Mmmmm...beer

I am usually the last to switch to any type of new tech.

Shit, I still have a collection of VHS tapes boxed away somewhere FFS.

I have to ask, have you watched a bluray?   I can't even watch DVDs anymore, even upcoded on a bluray player, there's just no comparison.

-Dave

My running blog