Beginners and Beyond

Catching Fire WednesDAILIES (Read 40 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Had time to do upper body weights after dinner.

We keep our thermostat at 77 during the evening and 80 during the day (programmable). We keep it at 64 at night, 68 when we are home. It is freaking cold in our house in the winter. We do have gas fireplace in the bedroom, which helps a little. Last year we would bump the winter temp up so the dog wasn't cold, I can no longer use that excuse. 

cjones1

Everyone here loves Buddy's Pizza, or Pizza Papalis, a place known for its deep dish pizza in Greek Town.

They actually make a splendid seafood pizza there. You would have to try it to know what I am talking about. If you eat crab and shrimp that is.

I always preferred thin crust pizza, so I do not frequent either of them.

I prefer Chicago style, so as thick as a phone book.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

You would dwell in Greek Town then. Smile

LRB

I was disappointed, and did not see any of the others. Never read the books.

I agree that The Hunger Games first entry left a little bit to be desired. Catching Fire however, is an excellent sequel that not only raises the stakes, it pulls you completely in.

I am thus now ready for Mockingjay - Part 1.

onemile

8.  Tired tonight.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I agree that The Hunger Games first entry left a little bit to be desired. Catching Fire however, is an excellent sequel that not only raises the stakes, it pulls you completely in.

I am thus now ready for Mockingjay - Part 1.

That is a great description.  The second installment is the best of the books and the movies.  The third part I is great too, and the books get darker as they move forward (which is why they are probably better).

Damaris

DavePNW

That's what I was raised on. Hard to find a decent Chicago-style pizza outside of Chi-town, although there are some. We stumbled upon one in Seattle, tiny place, but run by Chicago transplants & 100% authentic. I told him it tasted just like Giordano's; he said that's what it was modeled after.

The aforementioned Pizza Papalis in Detroit's Greektown is "Chicago-style", but will not fool a Chicagoan.

Dave

LRB

8.  Tired tonight.

Not too bad all things considered. Hopefully you sleep like a Baboon, that would help!

LRB

The aforementioned Pizza Papalis in Detroit's Greektown is "Chicago-style", but will not fool a Chicagoan.

What about the Chicago st yle hot dogs they sometimes sell here? It comes topped with a pickle spear, tomatoes, hot peppers and a seeded bun among the usual other things.

DavePNW

What about the Chicago st yle hot dogs they sometimes sell here? It comes topped with a pickle spear, tomatoes, hot peppers and a seeded bun among the usual other things.

The construction is correct, but I don't think I've had a Detroit Chicago dog. I'm not a big hot dog eater anyway, can't remember the last time I had one.

Dave

LRB

That is a great description.  The second installment is the best of the books and the movies.  The third part I is great too, and the books get darker as they move forward (which is why they are probably better).

I am told that Mockingjay - Part 1 sets up the fourth and final installment (Mockingjay - Part 2), and is heavy on dialect more so than action. As a result my expectations will be tempered, is this correct?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Got my 10 miles in tonight, finishing the final mile in a monsoon.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I like NY pizza.  But before Dave kills me with a sheesh!, I do eat Chicago style pizza every time I am in Chicago.  You know, the real thing?

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Here is the thermostat with the indoor temperature of the room I'm working in this week. Sorry if it's sideways, my phone and the internets do not agree.

Wow -- that's too much even for me.  I think 75 is perfect.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

I like NY pizza.  But before Dave kills me with a sheesh!, I do eat Chicago style pizza every time I am in Chicago.  You know, the real thing?

I approve this message!

I like Chicago-style, but I am not militant about it, and I enjoy other kinds.

Dave