Former Bad Ass

Well, lookie who is here!

3.07 in 30:09

9:55/9:52/9:42

Wink

Damaris

Hi guys!

Here's what I did today:

20 minutes of stretching, 5 minutes of foam rolling.

TUES. CYCLE 45 MINS LEVL 3 EASY FIRST 10 MINS WARM UP

3MINS @185-190 HR THEN 2 MIN REST XS 6

5 EASYMIN. COOL DOWN

STAIRMASTER 20 MINS LEVEL 45 POSSIBLE

Kinda kicked my butt.

I'll be doing 30 more minutes of stretching later, 5 minutes of rolling, and 15 minutes of active icing.

I'll be very interested to see what kind of running fitness all this cycling/elliptical/stairs will translate to.  Hopefully I'll find out soon.  Seriously, though, it is kicking my butt.  I go to bed tired every night like I did when I first started running.

Since I'm not running at the moment, I'll now be volunteering at a race that I'm registered for, this Sunday.  It's the first time I've ever volunteered for a race, I'm kind of excited about it.  Four of my kids will be running it, I'm hoping I'll be on the course somewhere so I can cheer for them.  : )

Have a nice day, guys!

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

delicate flower

I'll be very interested to see what kind of running fitness all this cycling/elliptical/stairs will translate to.  Hopefully I'll find out soon.  Seriously, though, it is kicking my butt.  I go to bed tired every night like I did when I first started running.

You'll find it helps.  I mean, nothing helps your running like more running, but the hard cardio will help your legs come back to running faster.  Take the cardio seriously and train as hard as your coach allows you to.  My doc told me to "hammer away" on the bike and elliptical machine while rehabbing, and that now seems to be paying off.  Obviously though, follow instructions and don't reinjure yourself.

<3

You'll find it helps.  I mean, nothing helps your running like more running, but the hard cardio will help your legs come back to running faster.  Take the cardio seriously and train as hard as your coach allows you to.  My doc told me to "hammer away" on the bike and elliptical machine while rehabbing, and that now seems to be paying off.  Obviously though, follow instructions and don't reinjure yourself.

Thanks for the input, Baboon.  I'm glad to hear it.  I've definitely been working hard, honestly much harder than I was when I was running because I was keeping my running so easy to try to avoid this injury.  It's all I can do to keep up with the paces he's giving me!  So I guess now I'm even more excited to see how it goes when I'm back on the road.  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Runshortii

First day of pfitz 18/55 today. 8 miles with 4 at LT/15K pace. Splits for the LT part were 8:14, 8:07, 7:59 and 8:00. Not too bad for coming off a HM Sunday. Started some core/leg strengthening yesterday too. SUPER sore! But in a good way Smile I've realized strength training is a necessary evil to help keep you healthy.

I hear ya! Last year on the beach in Florida i wasnt too confident in taking off the shirt even to go in the water.........this year felt great to take it off!

Hey everyone!

Dropped the truck off to get inspected and ran back home, just like I did in Feb with my wife's car (except I didn't step in a pipe and almost break my leg this time lol).  I absolutely love that I can do that, it just blows me away when I think about it.  In the past, the thought never even would have been entertained, now it's the obvious and most logical answer.

This was also my first very public shirtless run.  I've had a couple of shirtless runs prior, one through the neighborhood with minimal traffic, and one at night a few days ago.  It's so much more comfortable with the heat, and you don't have to worry about chafing.  So today I decided I was just going to stop caring, I dropped off the truck, took off my shirt and ran down the busiest road in the area, at lunchtime no less.  And you know what, I'm pretty sure no one cared, no one honked or said anything, and I was as comfortable as you can be in the midday heat.  Smile  This might not seem like a big deal to some, but as a former fat guy, being shirtless in public was something I used to dread.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

LRB

3.07 in 30:09

9:55/9:52/9:42

Wink

I see you haven't missed a beat in fitness....although you did come empty handed.  Next time a shot of espresso or even a caffeine pill would be appreciated.  You know how some of us feigns do here!

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Just a flyby from me, 3 steamy miles in the hood with a few strides thrown in toward the end.

LRB

Thanks, I hope so.

2500 slots have just opened up across all events.  Get your butt over there and register!

scottydawg, my condolencesSad

Rick, smoking interval workout this morning.

AprilRunner, I hope that tonight's run goes well.

Marjorie, I'm glad that your hip feels OK.

Zelanie, have fun at the track.

SIAR, amazing track run.

outoftheblue, I hope that, unlike moi, you avoid throwing an epic taper tantrum.

Robert, fantastic 5.4.

KayPS!!!!! Welcome back! Awesome 3.07.

Ric-G, fantastic four.

Dave, I like how you commuted home.

Kristin79, brava on staying active.

runshortii2008, excellent job on your first day o'Pfitz. I hope that the entire training goes smoothly.

Nicole, sweet sweltering three.

I just finished weights at the gym. I'm on my way home to do ab work and push-ups.

I decided against doing a LR tonight. I'll do whatever I can in the morning and double after work tomorrrow with the run club. I'm at work an hour earlier than usual through the end of next week, so doing an extended workout on a weekday ain't happening. I'll resume my Sunday-morning LRs this week. Doing a midweek LR, if necessary, or an extended workout (back-to-back weights and cardio) will be much easier after next week.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Basya...Thanks!  It's fun to be running fast again for a change.  Good luck getting that schedule back on track.  It sounds like you're quite busy.

Kristin...Awesome job.  That looks like a lot of time at the gym.  Have fun volunteering...it really is a blast.

Shortii...Good luck with the strength training.  It is smart, but you have to be a little choosy about where it falls in relation to your workouts.  That advice is coming from a guy that does little else other than running, golfing, and once a week yoga though, so take it for what it's worth.

Sparker/D2the2nd...Ha, way to own the shirtless look guys!  I've decided to make this the year my belly gets some color too.

LRB...Good stuff on the track today.

Hobbit...Way to add those strides in there.  Nice 3.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Evening, Dailies!

After an intense day at work, I still managed to crank out 3.5 miles this evening. Easy pace, but it felt less than ideal. Oh well, no run tomorrow since I'll be playing pool instead.

Hope everyone's having a great day.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys. Hubby did his first miles fully running.  We did several miles with 2 minutes of walking in between.  He is very happy.

Well, we're very sad at the office.  My second mom, who is one of our clerk, has not been at the office all week.  Her husband started coughing blood on Sunday so he's been in the ER.  Today, they said he has lung cancer metastasized to the liver, spleen, and adrenal glands.  He survived prostate cancer two years ago but this one is bad.  Cancer sucks! :-(

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Welcome!

First day of pfitz 18/55 today. 8 miles with 4 at LT/15K pace. Splits for the LT part were 8:14, 8:07, 7:59 and 8:00. Not too bad for coming off a HM Sunday. Started some core/leg strengthening yesterday too. SUPER sore! But in a good way Smile I've realized strength training is a necessary evil to help keep you healthy.

Damaris

Rondog65

The weather was so nice today I snuck out of work a little early so I could get my run in before my evening meeting.  Got a nice 6.8 miles in, so I was in a happy place for the meeting.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)