Beginners and Beyond

Wake Up, WEDNESDAILIES! (Read 48 times)

I did push-ups and abs before bed last night.

Now, I'm on my way to the gym to do six quarter-mile repeats. I'll do push-ups and abs while my kids are napping.

LRB

'Sup.

My eyeball popped open at around 4:50 this morning, and I was unable to get the stupid thing to close again. Even tape didn't work.

Speaking of work, I have another hectic day on tap then it's on and poppin' at 5:00, whoop-whoop!

I hope that your work day passes quickly, Rick.

I just finished 3.30 miles, including six quarter-mile repeats, in 30:13. 9:11 pace.

I'm off to shower, then, spend a day with my kids.

Have fun, everybody!

bluerun

Super B****

Taking the day off work (YAYYYY) because I hear redheads have more fun, so I need to do something about that.

9 on the AlterG.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

LRB, did you get a diagnosis?

The MRI corroborated the ultrasound findings (taken four weeks apart); I have a strain of the adductor longus (the one that lifts your second leg into a car) and inflammation of the pubic joint where it attaches.

I am going to try to run through it while continuing my strength and stretching protocol, then reassess where I am in two weeks.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Pilates and that is it for me today.

Poor Eric, we never have that much spam and we bring the RWOLers here and bam, spam this morning on the main forum page.  I wonder how long that will last before Eric cuts it swiftly.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The MRI corroborated the ultrasound findings (taken four weeks apart); I have a strain of the adductor longus (the one that lifts your second leg into a car) and inflammation of the pubic joint where it attaches.

I am going to try to run through it while continuing my strength and stretching protocol, then reassess where I am in two weeks.

Ouch.  Did he tell you how long is the recovery?

Damaris

Cyberic

Now that you explain it this way (the muscle that lifts your second leg into a car), I'm positive my weekness in the groin is the same as yours, except not to the same degree. What kills mine is lots of speed work, mountain running... I can do a little, but doing a lot kills it. Now that I know that what you have is hovering over my head, I'll be extra careful.

Cyberic

Taking the day off work (YAYYYY) because I hear redheads have more fun, so I need to do something about that.

Have fun!

bluerun

Super B****

Have fun!

LoL I'm not the type who enjoys this "pampering" thing, I'm far too impatient -- but I like the result so I put up with it.  And YAY, NO WORK!!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

8 with 12x.25, 90 sec recoveries

90 seconds recoveries would have been better for me too yesterday, but I found it more practical to make it a full 400 recovery, as I was on a track, and that is what the Hansons told me to do. I don't argue with the bros.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LoL I'm not the type who enjoys this "pampering" thing, I'm far too impatient -- but I like the result so I put up with it.  And YAY, NO WORK!!!

Sometimes we need the pampering, even if we are not the pampering type.

Damaris

Cyberic

I don't even get massages. I understand you completely.

StepbyStep-SH

I actually ran today! First time since Saturday. Gotta get past this slump. I did do martial arts Monday and a strength training class Tuesday, so not entirely sedentary.

Today will be some baking, a ton of laundry, and random other little tasks to get ready for Christmas Eve dinner/Christmas Day breakfast. I make it much more complicated than it really needs to be for just 3-4 people (our little family + FIL), but I love having fancy food for Christmas.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

WHAT IT DO CHUCKO!  Treadmill tempo run completed this morning.  6 x 5 minutes at 6:40 pace with 1 minute recoveries.  After feeling a little angst about this run yesterday, I had no problem with it.  Need to discuss with Coach...it did not feel like a tempo effort.  Anyway, 8.25 miles total at 7:15 avg.  I also have a swim on the schedule for later today.

<3