Beginners and Beyond

The top 100 candies of all time (Read 86 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

99! (being a former fat guy has it's advantages lol)  I've never even heard of Abba Zabba, that's the only one I've never eaten.

Never!? Wow, that is a favorite from when we were kids. It's this chewy peanut butter thing. We would chew them up and stick them in ant nests and they would go crazy!

TJoseph

50 for me.  I am surprised I got that many.  I have heard of most of them, but I have always been a picky eater and don't have a sweet tooth, so I haven't actually tried many of them.

From the Internet.

80 for me.. that was like a list of regrets, haha. I consumed so much sugar as a kid, and I feel a little ill just thinking about cinammon-based candy.

These days I don't waste my time on any candy that's not chocolate, with the exception of gummy bears!

Ric-G

76...having flashbacks now....this is cool

marathon pr - 3:16

DavePNW

Never!? Wow, that is a favorite from when we were kids. It's this chewy peanut butter thing. We would chew them up and stick them in ant nests and they would go crazy!

I never heard of that one either. Regional thing?

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

Wow, major flashback!

#21, Candy Necklace, 5 cents each - that's what I was buying in the little candy shop across the street during my lunch break recess from 3rd grade on Friday, November 22nd 1963 at just past 12:30 CST in Clovis, New Mexico.

I scored a 75 on this.

That one would be tough to forget.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Dad on the run.

Ohhh not this boy! Give me a box of sour patch kids or Red Hots, Heck I've even mixed the two, wouldn't suggest doing that...

80 for me.. that was like a list of regrets, haha. I consumed so much sugar as a kid, and I feel a little ill just thinking about cinammon-based candy.

These days I don't waste my time on any candy that's not chocolate, with the exception of gummy bears!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Baboon

delicate flower

Squirrel Nut Zippers - I think you are making that up. Wasn't that a band?

Big League Chew +1

I'm pretty sure Mike & Ike was on the list.

You know what used to be fun?  Stick a wad of Big League Chew in your mouth and chew it just long enough to get it gooey, then go throw the wad of gum at the side of a building to see it splatter and stick.  I am not proud of everything I did as a kid.

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I never heard of that one either. Regional thing?

Could be. Likewise, I have never heard of Pocky or Black Cow.

RSX

I'm impressed Necco Wafers made the list.  They used to be located in Cambridge, MA and I'd gone to the factory store before they closed up shop.  The old Necco place is now Novartis R&D and they painted the old Necco wafers tower to look like a DNA strand.  Chocolate was my favorite.

/coolstorybro

I still eat those on occasion, and just bought it Saturday.

I got to 75 which I thought would be higher for me.

LRB

Squirrel Nut Zippers - I think you are making that up. Wasn't that a band?

Those are still around, we just called them squirrels.  Rectangular shaped in a clear-ish wrapper, in a caramel gooey nutty type of thing, or YUMMO for short!

One of the ones I forgotten all about were circus peanuts.  They were nothing to write home about, but good for a chew every now and then.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

93 for me.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

86 for me.

One thing missing from the list was Flicks. We would get those at the movie house. Happy times...

DavePNW

One of the ones I forgotten all about were circus peanuts.  They were nothing to write home about, but good for a chew every now and then.

You actually ate those? I thought they were just those styrofoam packing peanuts, painted orange.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Circus Peanuts were, and still are, awesome.

<3