Beginners and Beyond

Pride of Pooler 5K (Read 63 times)

Robert31320

Team TJ

I ran the Pride of Pooler 5k this morning.  Their slogan says "everything's cooler in Pooler", this morning was cool.  This race started and ended at Pooler Elementary School and was very well hosted by the school staff.  The race route was hilly, an oddity for the Coastal Empire, as it is naturally flat here.  My goal for today's race was my first sub-30 finish and shortly after we started I began to doubt that.  When we hit the 1 mile mark, I reconsidered when I glanced at my watch and saw I had completed it in 8:49 (this fat boy's first sub 9mm).  Unfortunately I couldn't quite maintain that pace for the remainder of the race, however, I did manage to finish in 29.27!!!!  This was a PR by 1.56!

Happy, happy, happy!

Running for TJ because he can't.

BruceD555

Great job Robert and a big congrats on the PR! It's so tough to reign things in at the start and even with experience it doesn't get any easier. Awesome job on the huge PR and it's been amazing to see how you're gaining as a runner.

Train smart ... race smarter.

LRB

You have come such a long way in a very short time.  And the fact that is was on a hilly course means there are more crumbs on the table to be had.

Go get 'em next race!

Coastal

Awesome job!  Ditto on the hills mean faster times to be had.

Just B.S.

Great job Robert!

Baboon

delicate flower

Rock n roll.  Your fastest mile and your fastest 5K.  That's a hell of a day.  Congratulations, Robert!

<3

skygazer

Congrats on a great race.

Keep up the good work!

A sub 30:00 on a hilly course.  I'm raising a frosted mug in tribute to your performance!  Keep it up.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yay, Robert, congrats on that sub-30 5K, way to go!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Great job Robert. I had a 5k today as well with a lot more hills than I was expecting. Way to push thru and get that sub 30!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Luke79

Dude, you got your sub 30.  That's outstanding.  You have entered a new realm of possibility at that distance, and can now seek to climb down in to the 20's.  Keep it up.

Zelanie

Nice job!  Soon enough you will be running all 3 miles at that pace, I'm sure! Smile

workinprogress11

Great job on the sub 30.  Congratulations!

GinnyinPA

Congratulations on the new PR.  Way to go.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Congratulations on going sub-30!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!