Beginners and Beyond

Friday: Let The Weekend Begin (Read 35 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

But if avocado has calcium (and I think it does), there you go. The reason why my good cholesterol is super high.  But all you mentioned is not part of my diet. Hispanics hardly ever anything there but beans.

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

But if avocado has calcium (and I think it does), there you go. The reason why my good cholesterol is super high.  But all you mentioned is not part of my diet. Hispanics hardly ever anything there but beans.

Cheese is also high in calcium.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Which also tastes much better than anything Andrea mentioned. 😂

Damaris

LRB

Which one do you buy?

Labrada, Optimum Nutrition and another whose name escapes me at the moment. The pills are the size of eggs but are "clean", the powder allows you to mix it with something else. BCAAs are the cottage cheese of supplements.

LRB

I should be set for life then. lol

DavePNW

I don’t drink any milk and never have (hate it). 

+1, other than putting it on cereal.

Dave

LRB

I do take some supplements: multi-vitamin, 2000 IU vitamin D (had low levels several times), fish oil, probiotic and magnesium. Breakfast weekdays is also a shake with fruit, vegan protein powder & almond milk. Less about the protein, more about it's quick & I can drink ti while drying my hair. I can't say I've even noticed any effect from not taking stuff, other than when I don't take the vit D, my levels drop.

A million years ago I took fish oil capsules religiously, then I grew out of it. Now I'm like, if I don't get it out of olive oil or avocados, then I just won't get it.

LRB

Milk gives me vile gas and explosive shits. Like, if I drink a glass of it I could clear a wedding chapel. lol

That shit is liquid poison. :thumbs down:

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Which also tastes much better than anything Andrea mentioned. 😂

I WAS going to mention it, as also yogurt but when you said milk I immediately thought you also just hate dairy products period. I made an ASS-umption lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Milk gives me vile gas and explosive shits. Like, if I drink a glass of it I could clear a wedding chapel. lol

That shit is liquid poison. :thumbs down:

That is called Lactose Intolerance.... I think

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I hate yogurt as well.  The only dairy I use is cheese and ghee.

Damaris

DavePNW

Hello and Friday ROFFLES!  Today is the first day my legs don't ache while just walking around.  I've still got a fair bit of chaffage that needs to heal, but at least my muscles no longer hurt.

Also regarding the chaffage: I didn't come off too badly. Just one spot. I body-glided up pretty well before the race, and even reapplied midway through with my mini-glide. Kind of wish I had done one more later, but oh well. Could have been much worse, plus all my toenails are intact. Somehow, I have never lost one.

Dave

DavePNW

I hate yogurt as well.  

I have a yogurt every day, which I assume is my main calcium source, because I don't eat much cheese either.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I like greek yogurt.

I think I'm going to pin my bib to my capri tomorrow morning.

PRs

LRB

That is called Lactose Intolerance.... I think

Actually, that's a convenient term used to make people think it's okay to consume something that wasn't intended for them, despite the body's best efforts to expel it any way it can. But I digress, have another glass, and then an extra one for me.