Beginners and Beyond

Friday: Let The Weekend Begin (Read 35 times)

Cyberic

I ran 7 with RRP. He was scheduled to do 4 but said he would go for 5-6 if I wanted. I said 4 was just fine. 

lol

LRB

I just love spam emails:

"Good Day.

On behalf of the board and management of International Monetary Funds (IMF). In conjunction with

African Union (A.U) has directed us to pay you one

Million five hundred thousand united state dollars ($1.500, 000.00) in

Cash through means of diplomatic courier service hand delivery."

Oh really? And what does the period after the one signify. Looks like it's a dollar to me.  lol

DavePNW

In case anyone is maintaining a spreadsheet, I am in the anti-vitamin/supplement category. I'm honestly not sure that I've ever taken one. But to each his/her own. DW takes a bunch of stuff.

Dave

onemile

In case anyone is maintaining a spreadsheet, I am in the anti-vitamin/supplement category. I'm honestly not sure that I've ever taken one. But to each his/her own. DW takes a bunch of stuff.

Taking an iron supplement increased my iron levels.

LRB

I was prescribed a calcium supplement for my dental implants. I chose the cleanest, most natural one I could find and spent 6 months consuming it.

I was instructed once to take glucosamine for my knee by my sports doc. That was a little unnerving because there are none that do not contain animal parts, but I did as I was told.

DavePNW

I would imagine. I'm not saying I am averse to it in case of a specific condition. I am just of the mindset that in general, we get the vitamins we need from food.

Dave

DavePNW

I was instructed once to take glucosamine

Oh yeah, I did do that for a couple months, per recommendation of a chiropractor I was seeing for back problems. But neither the chirpractor or glucosamine seemed to make a difference.

Dave

Cyberic

It did? 

LRB

Continuing on the subject, BCAAs are a stalwart for helping with overnight recovery. Sure, casein does the same thing, but I go through periods where I restrict dairy, so supplementing with amino acids fills that void.

Protein powder is always around in my house as is vitamin C, which along with a B vitamin complex helps keep me coming back for more during the dog days of summer/fall training.

As I said, I don't take all of the things all of the time, but the very definition of supplement is to enhance something, and that is what I use them for. Clearly though, they are not for everyone and that is okay. 👍

onemile

Continuing on the subject, BCAAs are a stalwart for helping with overnight recovery. Sure, casein does the same thing, but I go through periods where I restrict dairy, so supplementing with amino acids fills that void.

Which one do you buy?

Half Crazy K 2.0

I do take some supplements: multi-vitamin, 2000 IU vitamin D (had low levels several times), fish oil, probiotic and magnesium. Breakfast weekdays is also a shake with fruit, vegan protein powder & almond milk. Less about the protein, more about it's quick & I can drink ti while drying my hair. I can't say I've even noticed any effect from not taking stuff, other than when I don't take the vit D, my levels drop.

Baboon

delicate flower

I jogged 4.15 miles.  Feeling better each day, but still some achiness in various runspots.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don’t drink any milk and never have (hate it). My doctor is still amazed I don’t need any calcium whatsoever. So far, so good on that.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Milk/dairy isn't the only thing with calcium. Beans, Lentils, Seeds, sardines, canned salmon, almonds, some leafy greans and rhubarb. Not sure if you eat any of that stuff, but there are others with calcium.

Spinach, Kale, Okra, Collards, Soybeans, White beans and some orange juice, oatmeal and breakfast cereal. So milk isn't the only thing with calcium 

Man it is supposed to be raining and windy AF tomorrow morning!  I've never had to think about wearing a jacket during a race... wtf do I do?? Pin my bib to my capri? Ugh, I feel like a freaking newbie.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah. I eat none of that stuff. Ever. Maybe beans once in a blue moon.

Damaris