Beginners and Beyond

RR- My 10-mile debut, edit- race photos added p.4! (Read 119 times)

Bin Running

You ran a great race and written an equally good RR. Your training is paying off.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great  job, congrats!

Damaris

Great race and great report, too. I really enjoyed reading it.  I'm sure you'll do really well in the HM!

Auhugh!!

Ball of Fury

Awesome race Zelanie!!  Congratulations on exceeding your goal...that's always nice!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Zelanie

Bin- Thank you!  Can't wait to hear about your next HM!

D- Thanks!  Good luck today!

kaitlyn- I'm glad you enjoyed it.  I try not to get too wordy, but don't always manage.

Ami- It definitely takes some of the worry out of my mind for the next one!  That's why I think I really wanted to run this pace rather than a more conservative one for this race.  I was tired of guessing based on a 5K pace what I could do for a distance.

Zelanie

Race photos aren't up yet, but here's the pre-race group photo.  I'm the only one with a number on since my race started 15 minutes before everyone else's 5K.  I think it's interesting that I feel like a midget compared to the others, and yet my legs are huge!  Maybe I didn't really lose weight in my legs because I was exercising through my weight loss?  Or maybe I'm just built that way?  Anyway, I wonder if it helps me as a runner?

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Makin' us penguins proud!! You ROCK, Mel!!

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

delicate flower

GREAT race, Zelanie!  You're going to smash that HM.

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Great job!  I am now a huge fan of tuneup races and will do one prior to any goal race that I have.  My 20k a few weeks ago went just like your race, I set a pace that I wasn't sure about, and then ran negative splits.  It was a huge confidence boost going into my half today.  You're gonna kill your half!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Just B.S.

Awesome race! Congrats Z!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

You're going to make me stick to 5K's aren't you?  I'm not going to lie.  I think you might get me on the HM distance.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Zelanie

Tori- Can't wait to read about your races now that you're able to get more running in!

Phil- Thank you!

D2- Yes, I am sold on the tune up race as well.  I wouldn't want to be guessing and hoping on the right pace for a goal race.  Now I've got a much better sense I think.

Beth- Thanks!

Awood- Are you kidding?  You were barely above 2:00 last time out, and you've had an awesome training season since then plus you're down in weight.  You were having fun running your last HM when I could barely run 8.  I think you have more in you than you think.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Melanie, I have a friend who's about 5'3" with legs built like a truck. She just ran the Rock 'n Roll USA HM yesterday in 1:37. I think you're fine. Big grin

Zelanie

April- Good to know!  Hope that bodes well for my future as a runner. Smile  I'm just used to seeing all the good distance runners out there with their toothpick legs.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Have you seen D2's legs?

April- Good to know!  Hope that bodes well for my future as a runner. Smile  I'm just used to seeing all the good distance runners out there with their toothpick legs.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013