Beginners and Beyond

Shoes, Drafting, Etc.... (Read 43 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Interesting. I did see that the IAAF is planning on investigating the shoe

I saw it today, comparing the fiber plates to springs definitely made more sense to me as far as understanding the technology lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

He makes such a well considered point, but then he uses "irregardless." 

Oh dear, I used it the other day and corrected myself mid-sentence!

I couldn't believe I did that! smh I wanted to stick myself in the temple with an ice pick! 

From the Internet.

I'm not convinced they are faster than the Adios. My thought is they might save your legs from taking such a pounding since they are so much more cushioned (yet super light - lighter than the Adios)

That's exactly it for me. I still prefer my Adios for anything under half marathon (and maybe even HM too, I haven't raced one in my 4% yet). They're too squishy for me to derive enough power at really hard efforts, but I give them HUGE credit for my super fast post-marathon recovery in May. Haven't read all the way to the end of the post yet but re: sizing I wear men's Nikes anyway because of my dumb wide feet, I wear a women's 9 in nearly every other shoe out there and wear 7.5 in 4%.