Beginners and Beyond

If Monday was a swear word (Read 40 times)

DavePNW

Happy to report that I secured 19 hours of sleep the past two nights.  

Whoa. And that's probably not even a PR for you.

Dave

LRB

Not sure I slept 19 hours all of last week. lol

DavePNW

Good morning, folks!  I see summer is returning this week.  Happy to report that I secured 19 hours of sleep the past two nights.  My legs are a little achy from my bike ride yesterday.  I've got an easy four mile run to do later, which I'll probably run at recovery effort.  It is race week! 5K Sunday and no idea how I'll do.  I haven't run a 5K-effort interval in months.

I was looking at a 5k either this weekend or next. The one this weekend also has an HM. I really want to see what my current fitness will get me in an HM. But I think 2 weeks may be too soon. My legs feel OK but I have been crazy slow. I can't imagine busting loose with any kind of speed. But I don't see other good HM options out there in the forthcoming weeks. Definitely want to get a 5k or three in there too, but always more options on those.

Dave

From the Internet.

I watched The Revenant last night so I could see someone suffering more than I did :P

Day off #1. Little muscle-sore today but nothing crazy.

DavePNW

I watched The Revenant last night so I could see someone suffering more than I did :P

Day off #1. Little muscle-sore today but nothing crazy.

Next in the queue: 127 Hours.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

I was looking at a 5k either this weekend or next. The one this weekend also has an HM. I really want to see what my current fitness will get me in an HM. But I think 2 weeks may be too soon. My legs feel OK but I have been crazy slow. I can't imagine busting loose with any kind of speed. But I don't see other good HM options out there in the forthcoming weeks. Definitely want to get a 5k or three in there too, but always more options on those.

As much as I like to race, even I would not attempt a HM this soon after a marathon.  As good as you might feel, that doesn't necessarily mean you are fully recovered.  At least if you tank in a 5K or even a 10K, you don't have that far to go.  If you realize in mile 3 of a HM that you're in trouble, that's a long way to suffer.  Really though fear of injury would keep me from doing the HM.

<3

DavePNW

As much as I like to race, even I would not attempt a HM this soon after a marathon.  As good as you might feel, that doesn't necessarily mean you are fully recovered.  At least if you tank in a 5K or even a 10K, you don't have that far to go.  If you realize in mile 3 of a HM that you're in trouble, that's a long way to suffer.  Really though fear of injury would keep me from doing the HM.

Thanks. If Mr. I'll Race Anytime Anywhere is talking me down, I guess that's a good sign that it's a bad idea. Maybe I'll wait another week and do the 5k.

Dave

onemile

Not sure I slept 19 hours all of last week. lol

+1 but without the lol 

Baboon

delicate flower

Sleep the last two nights:  Saturday night 9:45 - 7:45.  Last night 9:15 - 6:15.

19 hours.  Feeling a little groggy today because of it.  Funny how that works.

<3

onemile

Sleep the last two nights:  Saturday night 9:45 - 7:45.  Last night 9:15 - 6:15.

19 hours.  Feeling a little groggy today because of it.  Funny how that works.

Not everyone is so lucky to be able to go to sleep and stay asleep. Some of us go to bed and then wake up every hour all night long and have trouble falling back asleep. So bragging about how much sleep you get constantly is pretty obnoxious

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am still eating dinner at the times Baboon goes to bed, LOL.

Damaris

No more marathons

I am still eating dinner at the times Baboon goes to bed, LOL.

Yep.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Running an interval workout not on the track gets interesting.

Plan was 2 sets of 4 X 400 @ 5K pace with 200 rest and a 400 rest between sets.

Timing the intervals means looking frequently enough at the watch to see when you are approaching the .25 mile mark (I could probably set my watch to beep or something, but --- nah).

Ended up with 5 400's in the first set (how did I lose track that fast?) and 4 of the nine were 440 to 480 meters.  But average pace was just under 7:00 pace, which was my target.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Running an interval workout not on the track gets interesting.

Plan was 2 sets of 4 X 400 @ 5K pace with 200 rest and a 400 rest between sets.

Timing the intervals means looking frequently enough at the watch to see when you are approaching the .25 mile mark (I could probably set my watch to beep or something, but --- nah).

Ended up with 5 400's in the first set (how did I lose track that fast?) and 4 of the nine were 440 to 480 meters.  But average pace was just under 7:00 pace, which was my target.

That's a good workout. Beer?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training.

Add me to the slept like shit list. Hours spent in bed seemed good, but the sleeping part sucked. As much as I hate the upcoming time change, at least it won't quite seem like I am getting up in the middle of the night.