Beginners and Beyond

Sub-0 windchill WednesDAILIES (Read 36 times)

Cyberic

Yes, yes, I'm talking Farenheits! But the sidewalks are plowed, the sun is shining, I grew my beard in time, and I own plenty on non-wool winter running clothes, so I'm all good!

Oh, and I had a tailwind pretty much all the way. That helps too   Real temp in the single digits.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It was 9F here this morning.  I wore less than what people in Miami wear for 65F.  ha.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So I woke up and got ready for work.  Picked my phone up and there is a Ring notification that started with:

" A suspicious person tried to get in our house..."  I read it as YOUR house and I was like WTF, the alarm didn't sound.  It was a neighbor's post on the Ring app from a mile away.   Anyway, some dude tried to enter a house and then went to the back and found an unlocked door and the lady screamed and he left.  Apparently, the cops were chasing him.  I'm from PR, dude, you don't leave ANY door unlocked no matter how safe the neighborhood is.  Anyway, freaked me the fuck out thinking we had an intruder when it was not even in my neighborhood but on the next one.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Looks like we're back to battery-sapping temperatures... 100% on my phone when I left for my run, 25% when I got back less than an hour later. I say this every year, but why the hell do I live somewhere it gets so cold when I cannot handle cold?!

6.8 miles -- I did a 200-400-800-1200-800-400-200 ladder, the results of which were laughable and indicate that the HM this weekend will be too. So many parts of me hurt I can't even keep track of them, and I'm probably getting sick again. (I kind of hope I am because that would explain this inexplicable exhaustion.)

My VO2 max has dropped two points since the marathon, and today's run brought me from "no status" to "detraining." Which doesn't make any sense because you can't de-train if you were never trained in the first place, but there you go.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

'Morning.  Slept like a DaveP last night so I skipped my swim this morning in favor of an extra hour of sleep.  Bike workout later, and thankfully Coach gave me an easy aerobic one.

<3

onemile

Feels like 5 here. 8 miles down. 6 more to go for today.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Looks like we're back to battery-sapping temperatures... 100% on my phone when I left for my run, 25% when I got back less than an hour later. I say this every year, but why the hell do I live somewhere it gets so cold when I cannot handle cold?! 

This is new to me.  Cold makes the battery drains faster?

Damaris

LRB

My outdoor running season was already suspended thanks to yesterday's record breaking skyfall. Then to double down on the mystifying occurrence, I woke up to the stupidity of 8 degrees farenheit (and yet another record ffs).

Mentally, I am just not ready to be lugging gear to the gym and running on the treadmill in NOVEMBER. It's akin to a migratory bird flying south for the winter, in August!

Maybe tomorrow, we'll see. This all just sucks.

onemile

My outdoor running season was already suspended thanks to yesterday's record breaking skyfall. Then to double down on the mystifying occurrence, I woke up to the stupidity of 8 degrees farenheit (and yet another record ffs).

Mentally, I am just not ready to be lugging gear to the gym and running on the treadmill in NOVEMBER. It's akin to a migratory bird flying south for the winter, in August!

Maybe tomorrow, we'll see. This all just sucks.

hey, at least you're not marathon training right now 

bluerun

Super B****

This is old news

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This is old news

Yeah, but I never had to worry about that shit before, so I never paid attention.

Damaris

Cyberic

I've had Garmins that would freeze during winter running. It would just stop. My current Garmin doesn't do that. But phones, for sure.

KCRuns

Good morning!  It was feels like 3 this morning.  Some buildings in my neighborhood didn't shovel or salt on Monday when the snow started and now that the temps have fallen even further, there are sheets of ice on the sidewalks.  I'm not willing to risk that, especially in the dark, so I didn't even bother to set the running alarm.  It'll be another day in the gym for me sometime when I find a break in my work.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wonder if this is why my car has turned off and on the Apple Play three times in the last two days.  It's been close to 0-10F while I drive to work.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

I wonder if this is why my car has turned off and on the Apple Play three times in the last two days.  It's been close to 0-10F while I drive to work.

I assume you have the heat on in your car so probably not

chasing the impossible